Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Move out to the far east

Move out to the far east

Old Feb 17th 2012, 3:07 pm
Just Joined

Japaholic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Move out to the far east

My family and I are looking to relocate to Japan.

I have worked out there before as an EFL teacher for a total of 5 years, I have a Japanese wife and am the father of two kids who hold citizenship of UK and Japan.

We have a place to move to BUT.....

I have no clue where to start this end regards selling house, settling all my affairs and doing the off.

Any advice greatly welcome.

Old Feb 17th 2012, 8:05 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Move out to the far east

You do know that your kids will only be dual nationals until they hit their early 20's right? After that, the Japanese government will force them to give up one of their nationalities, assmung that the law is not changed in the meantime.
Old Feb 17th 2012, 10:33 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Japaholic
My family and I are looking to relocate to Japan.

I have worked out there before as an EFL teacher for a total of 5 years, I have a Japanese wife and am the father of two kids who hold citizenship of UK and Japan.

We have a place to move to BUT.....

I have no clue where to start this end regards selling house, settling all my affairs and doing the off.

Any advice greatly welcome.

Welcome to BE Japaholic.

I'm pleased to see you have already posted in our Japan Forum. The people who frequent that forum will do their best to help answer questions you may have about Japan.

Please give me a shout if you should have a problem with anything site related.

Good luck.
Old Feb 18th 2012, 1:25 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Japaholic

Welcome to BE.
Good to see you have found your way to the Japan forum where you can chat with other expats who have made the move already and can advise on things to make your move easier.

All the best with your plans.

Dread - x
Old Feb 18th 2012, 3:44 am
Just Joined

Japaholic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
You do know that your kids will only be dual nationals until they hit their early 20's right? After that, the Japanese government will force them to give up one of their nationalities, assmung that the law is not changed in the meantime.
Thanks for the greetings, yes I am aware of this dual nationality rule BUT as 1 daughter is 7 months old and the other 3 years as a family we have plenty of time.

That is if Mum and Dad can figure out which order to do stuff in time!
Old Feb 19th 2012, 2:08 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Sep 20th 2012, 5:37 pm
Banned

JRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to all

I would be wary of going back to Japan. If at some time you were to get divorced you would lose EVERYTHING, including your children. Foreigners have very few rights and family court is a joke.