Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

on the move!!!!

on the move!!!!

Old Feb 21st 2011, 6:34 am
Just Joined

emma.p is an unknown quantity at this point
Default on the move!!!!

Hi guys,i think this site is fantastic. Im Emma from uk, currently living in Greece with my husband Yiannis-who is Greek.We are trying to find the best way to move to canada(british columbia). we have been told by one guy to apply for immigration(which will take a few years) but we have also been told by the greek community there to " go the greek way" (ie go there find a job home etc then apply) many confusing comments! has anybody had any experience or knows any ways to go about this??? It seems a fab place with many opportunities,,,,but how do we go there is the question??? i would appreciate any feed back and if you want to know anything about greece feel free to contact us
Old Feb 21st 2011, 9:38 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: on the move!!!!

Originally Posted by emma.p
Hi guys,i think this site is fantastic. Im Emma from uk, currently living in Greece with my husband Yiannis-who is Greek.We are trying to find the best way to move to canada(british columbia). we have been told by one guy to apply for immigration(which will take a few years) but we have also been told by the greek community there to " go the greek way" (ie go there find a job home etc then apply) many confusing comments! has anybody had any experience or knows any ways to go about this??? It seems a fab place with many opportunities,,,,but how do we go there is the question??? i would appreciate any feed back and if you want to know anything about greece feel free to contact us
Welcome to BE
There is a Canada forum on this site, a message posted there

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=56

in the immigration section would perhaps gie you the besst answers as some there may have experienced the same problems as you.
Old Feb 21st 2011, 9:53 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Welcome to BE
There is a Canada forum on this site, a message posted there

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=56

in the immigration section would perhaps gie you the besst answers as some there may have experienced the same problems as you.
Thankyou so much for your information
Old Feb 21st 2011, 9:56 am
Just Joined

thankyou so much for your information.my husband has a trade so maybe we can go down the road of work permit. thanx once again
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 2:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emma.p
Hello Emma...welcome to BE.

If you click on this link it will direct you to the index page of the main Canada forum. At the top of the page you will see a list of sub forums...the top one being the Immigration Forum. Any questions relating specifically to the immigration process should be posted there. The main forum is for topics relating to Canada and the Maple Leaf is for general chatter. We have a lively group of posters...so you should get many helpful answers to your questions. Please take a few moments to read any sticky threads or announcements that may be posted at the top of each forum's index page.

The BE Wiki is a great source of information...I recommend you take a read through the Canada section.

If you have any problems finding your way around the many BE forums AmyDavid is the concierge for the Canada forums...she will be act as your BE tour guides to help you find your way around.

For any other questions, problems or concerns please contact a moderator. The mods for the Canada forums are Iaink and Christmasoompa...although any mod or admin will be pleased to help you.

Please shout out if you need help with anything.