Midwife Meltdown!!

Midwife Meltdown!!

Old Apr 27th 2016, 4:13 pm
Just Joined

Missi08 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Midwife Meltdown!!

Hi!

Thanks for reading!

I'm a 33yr old single mum with a 7year old daughter and currently work as a community midwife in Nottingham!

I've been thinking for a long time about working and living in either NZ or Aus and just looking for any advice, tips, info and shared experiences!!

I will be 3yrs qualified direct entry and have worked both hospitals and community based roles.

Looking into all of this is a mind maze!! So any help is very much welcomed!

Hope to hear from anyone soon!

Bee x
Old Apr 27th 2016, 4:39 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Midwife Meltdown!!

Hi and welcome to BE

I'm not at all familiar with AUS or NZ but would direct you to either of those two forums to post your immigration questions. The lovely people there will be happy to help to assess your qualifications for emigrating to those two lovely places.

Good luck to you.

Originally Posted by Missi08
Hi!

Thanks for reading!

I'm a 33yr old single mum with a 7year old daughter and currently work as a community midwife in Nottingham!

I've been thinking for a long time about working and living in either NZ or Aus and just looking for any advice, tips, info and shared experiences!!

I will be 3yrs qualified direct entry and have worked both hospitals and community based roles.

Bee x
Old Apr 27th 2016, 4:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE.

We have several excellent forums covering both Australia and NZ. I recommend you follow the links below and take a look around the forums. I am sure our members will do their best to help answer your questions. We also have a forum for medical personnel which may be of interest to you.

Australia - British Expats

New Zealand - British Expats

Nurses, Doctors, and other Medical/Healthcare occupations - British Expats

You will be required to get notorized, written permission from the children's father before you can remove them from the UK.

Please let me know if you have any site related problems.

Good luck.
Old Apr 27th 2016, 4:51 pm
Just Joined

Thanks guys! Will have a look at them!

She's never met her father and he's not on the birth certificate, does this make any difference?!

Thanks again xx
Old Apr 27th 2016, 4:55 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

She's never met her father and he's not on the birth certificate, does this make any difference?!

Thanks again xx
Sorry I don't know. You may need to seek legal advice.
Old Apr 27th 2016, 5:08 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks again xx
It almost certainly makes no difference, even if you are documented as the sole custodial parent and the father makes no contributions to supporting his child. The father can assert his parental rights under the Hague convention on Child Abduction (by a parent) at any time, and as Australia and New Zealand are signatories it would be a fairly straightforward matter to obtain a court order that would force you to return your daughter to the UK, even a number of years from now. Therefore it makes sense to tie off this loose end now, in case it causes a crisis later.

As Jerseygirl said, a consultation with a family law solicitor would make a lot of sense to get advice specific to your situation before you incur expenses and make concrete plans to emigrate.

Last edited by Pulaski; Apr 27th 2016 at 5:12 pm.
Old Apr 27th 2016, 5:24 pm
Just Joined

I'm thinking initially for a year or two, maybe not a permanent emigration.

I don't even know where or how I would ever get hold of him, we've not had contact for several years.
Old Apr 27th 2016, 5:33 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I don't even know where or how I would ever get hold of him, we've not had contact for several years.
Post in the Australia forum, many people there have experience of stuff like that.
For your info, if you only want a temporary visa (457) you will need an emloyer to sponsor you.
Old Apr 28th 2016, 12:13 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Please do not start to try and track down this chap until you are advised to do so.

I believe a court order may suffice. However, please do come down to the New Zealand forum. There have been others with the same boat over the years.

This old topic/thread for instance.

& this one.

Last edited by BEVS; Apr 28th 2016 at 12:17 am.
Old Apr 28th 2016, 1:35 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi!

Thanks for reading!

Bee x
Hi Bee,

I worked as a midwife in NZ for a couple of years and personally didn't like it.....long story. Others like it here, others don't. Did you train in Nottingham? I did my Dip in Midders at Nottingham Uni and was based at Derby. Bev Ord was my main tutor.

Anyway come and join us on the NZ and Aussie forums. Other than sorting out your daughter being taken out of the UK you will need to sort out your registration in either country. This can take a wee while. For NZ this can be found

I know for Australia you need to go through AHPRA.

Good luck