Reload this Page >

mancunian newbie

mancunian newbie

Old Sep 28th 2013, 8:05 pm
Just Joined

rock on is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking mancunian newbie

hi all,
being a member on a few car owners clubs I know members like a bit of a proper hello thread,
im a 43yr old male uk,mancunian I passed my class 1 test when I was 25yrs old,

I was given a dvd about 10-15yrs ago about driving in Canada, watched it, liked it, but did nothing about it..

so here I am 10yrs down the line & thinking about it again.this time a bit more seriously, I have been doing quite a bit of research but theres to much to take in..

being totally clueless as what steps to take, I firstly got in touch with an organisation that will gladly take a few quid off me & sort me a visa,cv, & possibly job offers..

I have had some good info back off 1 of the car owners clubs im a member of & have spoke to 1 member who went over for 6-12 months & ended up staying for 8yrs..

doing as much reading as poss thats how I stumbled across this site,
I will be doing plenty of more reading on here to see other peoples experiences on

finding a job,
ease of getting visa sorted by employer,
rough time it takes for all to be sorted to finally go over,
choosing a province to live,
finding out the differences in the licences to uk classes,

well that's it from me for now, let the reading commence..

also may I say sorry if I ask some silly newbie questions,
cheers all..
Old Sep 28th 2013, 8:19 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: mancunian newbie

to BE.

We have several excellent Canada forums http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=56. Why don't you pop over there and take a look around?

BE also has a Trucking Forum http://britishexpats.com/forum/forum...p?f=118...lots of information in there from truckers in Canada.

Pleas shout out if you need help with anything site related. Good luck.
Old Sep 28th 2013, 9:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

NessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond repute

You stumbled across the best forum to answer your questions! Grab a bevie & get settled in ... you're about to find more answers than you expected.

Welcome to BE

Oggy
Old Sep 30th 2013, 8:10 pm
Just Joined

thanks for the welcomes & the links,
its just non stop info everywhere I look and a lot to take in & pretty daunting deciding to take the first steps to a new life far away.

im still searching through threads finding out things like what an lmo is,
a rough time it takes for your paperwork to be ready with clearance to go.

where to start when trying to start the paperwork yourself..

I may be a little inactive getting involved on the site being a newb, but will be in the background catching up on old threads,posts,

so once again cheers for now..
Old Sep 30th 2013, 9:00 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rock on View Post
thanks for the welcomes & the links,
its just non stop info everywhere I look and a lot to take in & pretty daunting deciding to take the first steps to a new life far away.

im still searching through threads finding out things like what an lmo is,
a rough time it takes for your paperwork to be ready with clearance to go.

where to start when trying to start the paperwork yourself..

I may be a little inactive getting involved on the site being a newb, but will be in the background catching up on old threads,posts,

so once again cheers for now..
Good to hear that you are doing your own research by looking through old threads...also take a look at the BE Wiki. When you are ready post your questions...you'll find are members are very helpful...especially when you have taken the time to research first.
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 8:59 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Oct 4th 2013, 6:09 pm
Just Joined

thanks rosemary,
still making my way round the site,

I don't know if its a sign but I found this yesterday [link below] local to me

im popping down there Saturday to check it out..

http://www.eventcity.co.uk/whats-on/working-abroad/
Old Oct 4th 2013, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

sorry [old sparkles], not used to waiting on approval to links, as the car club im on doesn't have this I just guessed it was ok,

hand slapped on your behalf..
Old Oct 4th 2013, 7:31 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rock on View Post
sorry [old sparkles], not used to waiting on approval to links, as the car club im on doesn't have this I just guessed it was ok,

hand slapped on your behalf..
Not a problem - it's only because you are a new member with only a few posts. There are also a few pre-moderated sections of the forum where a new thread would need approval
Old Oct 6th 2013, 2:44 am
Just Joined

so I went along to the event I linked in post 8, and what a let down it was,

having gone to the same venue a few weeks before to a classic car show I knew how big it was, so was expecting possibly a quarter of the place to be occupied with plenty of help desks covering most parts of the world

only around 20 or 30 info desks,most were for aus,new Zealand, 1 for Sweden,a few advertising for welders,hospital jobs
the only Canadian ones were saskat, and invest in b,columbia

I attended one of the seminars saskat were holding, it was mostly about how good they have done recently with low unemployment, getting the tax lower,how many lakes are there,and so on,

no real information to be had, well of any use to me,

so glad I applied for tickets on line which were free instead of paying £10 each on the door..
Old Oct 11th 2013, 6:02 pm
Just Joined

thanks to whoever for deleting the last 2 posts that were added to this thread, I read them this morning on my phone,

I didn't have a clue what they were on about..