Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

BE Lurker finally reveals herself!

BE Lurker finally reveals herself!

Old Jan 7th 2014, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

Book Worm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BE Lurker finally reveals herself!

Hello BE members,

I'm currently living in the south of England (originally from up North) and am now undergoing the immigrant visa application process to move to the USA where my husband recently started a new job.

BE offers fascinating forums for discussion on emigrating and I've found all kinds of useful information and insights, particularly in the USA forums. It really is a journey in all senses of the word when you decide to leave the country of your birth and move overseas.

Whatever your journey and wherever your 'elsewhere', I'm pleased to meet you!
Old Jan 7th 2014, 3:17 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BE Lurker finally reveals herself!

Welcome to BE.

I see you have already posted in the US forums...good for you. Should you have any site related problems please give me a shout.
Old Jan 7th 2014, 3:39 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Book Worm
I'm currently living in the south of England (originally from up North) and am now undergoing the immigrant visa application process to move to the USA where my husband recently started a new job.
I note, in your other thread, that he filed an I-130 for you and "our son". Was your husband not able to pass US citizenship to your son? If he was, your son doesn't need (and, in fact, isn't eligible for) a visa... but he will need a US passport before travelling to the US.

Ian
Old Jan 7th 2014, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Welcome to BE.

I see you have already posted in the US forums...good for you. Should you have any site related problems please give me a shout.
Thanks so much for the welcome Jerseygirl. I probably will seek advice about using the site at some point as I've never joined an online group before and still trying to get to grips with posts and threads.
Old Jan 7th 2014, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I note, in your other thread, that he filed an I-130 for you and "our son". Was your husband not able to pass US citizenship to your son? If he was, your son doesn't need (and, in fact, isn't eligible for) a visa... but he will need a US passport before travelling to the US.

Ian
Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting regarding my visa situation.

Your eagle eye noticed quite rightly the anomaly in our situation. My husband is British born and has lived all his life here but he has US citizenship through his dad. My husband was offered a job in the US and while he was ready to fly over there and get started because of his citizenship, my son and I are staying put until we get our visa (tough wait).

We were told that my husband had to have been physically present in the US for two years in order for our son to gain US citizenship through him so we are starting out with a visa and then we will get a passport for our son when we get there (probably via my American father in law to expedite matters).

I plan to start a thread soon to see if anyone else is in the same situation her in the UK - might be useful to someone.

I look forward to seeing more of your posts in the US forum.
Old Jan 8th 2014, 6:30 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome to the forum
Old Jan 11th 2014, 7:09 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary