Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Looking for a UK Stock Broker

Looking for a UK Stock Broker

Old Jan 21st 2013, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

PominOz1 has a reputation beyond reputePominOz1 has a reputation beyond reputePominOz1 has a reputation beyond reputePominOz1 has a reputation beyond reputePominOz1 has a reputation beyond reputePominOz1 has a reputation beyond reputePominOz1 has a reputation beyond reputePominOz1 has a reputation beyond reputePominOz1 has a reputation beyond reputePominOz1 has a reputation beyond reputePominOz1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Looking for a UK Stock Broker

Hi,

I've been in Melbourne 3 years, married an Australian and we moved to Melbourne in order to educate our daughter. Unfortunately I hate the corruption here and the 'rip off' culture. I love my family more than I hate Melbourne and my wife doesn't wish to move.

Like so many here, I have a dwindling pot of money in sterling sitting with the banksters. I could fx the money across but I have no wish to bring more money into this country.

I'd like to ask a question: does anyone know of a UK stock broker that will perform execution only trades of FTSE stocks for non UK residents?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.
Old Jan 21st 2013, 11:51 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for a UK Stock Broker

Originally Posted by PominOz1
Hi,

I've been in Melbourne 3 years, married an Australian and we moved to Melbourne in order to educate our daughter. Unfortunately I hate the corruption here and the 'rip off' culture. I love my family more than I hate Melbourne and my wife doesn't wish to move.

Like so many here, I have a dwindling pot of money in sterling sitting with the banksters. I could fx the money across but I have no wish to bring more money into this country.

I'd like to ask a question: does anyone know of a UK stock broker that will perform execution only trades of FTSE stocks for non UK residents?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.
Hi there and welcome to the forum.

I know you aren't moving back to the UK but we do have a Moving Back to the UK forum where you might get some answers. That forum is here and just possibly there will be someone in Oz who has knowledge. The Australia forum is here.

Enjoy B.E.
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 12:17 am
Forum Regular

PominOz1 has a reputation beyond reputePominOz1 has a reputation beyond reputePominOz1 has a reputation beyond reputePominOz1 has a reputation beyond reputePominOz1 has a reputation beyond reputePominOz1 has a reputation beyond reputePominOz1 has a reputation beyond reputePominOz1 has a reputation beyond reputePominOz1 has a reputation beyond reputePominOz1 has a reputation beyond reputePominOz1 has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks, I've searched countless places and contacted a few banks, who eventually just ignored me and put me in the 'too hard' pile. I've searched this entire site too, nothing. I'm sure I can't be the first individual rather than hedge-fund from overseas who wishes to buy UK stocks?
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 12:30 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PominOz1
Many thanks, I've searched countless places and contacted a few banks, who eventually just ignored me and put me in the 'too hard' pile. I've searched this entire site too, nothing. I'm sure I can't be the first individual rather than hedge-fund from overseas who wishes to buy UK stocks?
By all means post your question in the two fora that I mentioned above. Somebody may have an answer for you. If you don't ask, nobody knows that you are looking.

You won't get many regular members looking in the welcome inn, so as I say. feel free to repost in the other two.
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 12:36 am
Forum Regular

Cheers, will do, thx for the advice.
Old Jan 25th 2013, 7:15 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary