Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Looking at Spain for retirement from Australia

Looking at Spain for retirement from Australia

Old Feb 17th 2012, 6:50 pm
Just Joined

danda is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Looking at Spain for retirement from Australia

Hi All after 16 years in Australia the wife is now thinking of moving to Spain for retirement I think she's lost the plot but I might be swayed if it's as good as here, Oz has been really good to us we have everything we need but she's finding it a bit too far to travel back to the UK , can any one give any info on Spain where to go whats a good place any and all help appreciated,
thanks in advance,
Dave
Old Feb 17th 2012, 7:48 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking at Spain for retirement from Australia

Originally Posted by danda
Hi All after 16 years in Australia the wife is now thinking of moving to Spain for retirement I think she's lost the plot but I might be swayed if it's as good as here, Oz has been really good to us we have everything we need but she's finding it a bit too far to travel back to the UK , can any one give any info on Spain where to go whats a good place any and all help appreciated,
thanks in advance,
Dave
Hi, welcome to the Forum!
Ask away on the Spain forum! You'll get plenty of advice there!
Old Feb 17th 2012, 8:42 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by danda
thanks in advance,
Dave

Depends what you are looking for, there are areas very hot in summer and cool in winter on the costas in the south, wether a lot more like England in the north. House prices are very low now, and plenty available on the costas as they overbuilt and just can't sell. Plenty of expats still living in the costas, but can be very quiet in winter without the tourists. I would sugest you do a lot of internet searching, and if you do decide to move, find a rental property first and have a real good look round before deciding to buy, and ALWAYS get good advice from a reliable solicitor, do not use the one the agents suggest.
Old Feb 18th 2012, 1:03 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Danda

Welcome to BE.

I would definitely recommend you check out our Spain forum, where you can chat with ex pats already living in Spain - they will be able to tell you just about anything you want to know.
You will find this forum by clicking the 'forum index' tab at the top left of this page, Scroll down the list of countries until you see the title of Europe, double click on Spain below that and you're in.

All the best whether you stay in Oz or decide on Spain - but have fun on the forums whilst you make that decision

Dread - x
Old Feb 18th 2012, 6:00 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Good to see that you have posted on the Spain forum. I have welcomed you there and look forward to your posts.

Rosemary