British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Welcome Inn (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/)
-   -   Looking at Netherlands or Denmark (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/looking-netherlands-denmark-672341/)

Sarah Sazza Jun 13th 2010 6:26 pm

Looking at Netherlands or Denmark

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 8630209)
Hi there Rachel...welcome to the cyber world of BE. I'm pleased you have found our little community and I hope you enjoy your stay with us.

Please could you repost your questions in our US Immigration Forum? We have many experienced members who will be able to advise you on the pros and cons of the E2 Visa.

Also take a look around our other US Forums. Apart from the fun threads there is loads of info for people wanting to move to the US. It's also worth taking a look at the BE Wiki...again lots of valuable information to be found in there.

If you have any problems or concerns please contact a mod or admin. You can find the mods for the US forums at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index page.

Hi

Im new to this, and am also looking to escape from England, and am interested in Netherlands and Denmark but wonder how well English people are received in these countries or any other countries ? I wonder which forum I should use as Im new to this!

Jerseygirl Jun 13th 2010 10:23 pm

Re: e2 visa

Originally Posted by Sarah Sazza (Post 8630398)
Hi

Im new to this, and am also looking to escape from England, and am interested in Netherlands and Denmark but wonder how well English people are received in these countries or any other countries ? I wonder which forum I should use as Im new to this!

Welcome to BE Sarah.

I'm sorry I can't help you with your question because I've not lived in either country. Here is the link to the main page of the Europe forums...you will see there is a sub forum for the Netherlands. I'm afraid there isn't one for Denmark...so perhaps you could ask any question you have in the main forum.

The moderator for the Europe forums is Mitzyboy. If you need any help finding your way around or have any problems or concerns please contact a moderator or admin...we will be pleased to help. :)

Ka Ora! Jun 14th 2010 6:23 am

Re: Looking at Netherlands or Denmark

Hi

Welcome to the Forum Sarah, I spent a year or so on the outskirts of Amsterdam and loved it but settled in France. Not been to Denmark but we do have some members in the Nordic Region so feel free to ask in the Europe Main section.

Again Welcome.;)

Manc Jun 14th 2010 6:24 am

Hi

easy way to solve this
well if Netherlands win tomorow, move there
if the Danes win, move there

if it is a draw, stay home.

TestaRossa Jun 14th 2010 10:37 am

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your decision! Having friends in Scandinavia I think they would say the Netherlands but only because you have a better chance of a decent summer there! If you like the cold Denmark is probably great, so I'm told! :D

Casa Santo Estevo Jun 14th 2010 11:08 am

Hi

I am welcome I am the concierge for the Dutch forum and here is the link for that section.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=105

In general I would say the British are welcomed in The Netherlands. Having moved to several different European countries I would suggests this is easier if you adapt to the country rather than expecting the country to adapt to you.

If you have any questions about The Netherlands just post away I will try an give answers.