Reload this Page >

Looking to move from Doncaster to Perth

Looking to move from Doncaster to Perth

Old Feb 2nd 2011, 3:36 am
Just Joined

scrummy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking to move from Doncaster to Perth

Hi Everyone!
My family and I are very seriously looking into Emigrating to Perth! We too are going to an Expo in March but in Manchester. We are going over to Perth this year! We live in Doncaster, not far from you Mike!
It's very daunting and exciting at the same time. We feel scared if we do it and scared if we don't. For us, Australia offers not only beautiful sights and weather but a sense of community ( something Britain has lost). We would love to live among like minded people, never taking a minute for granted. Australian people seem so up beat, kind and layed back!
My husband is on the wanted list. He is an I.T professional. We are not sure how to approach the Visa thing yet. Hoping the Expo will help!
Lovely to be here
Sarah

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Feb 2nd 2011 at 3:59 am.
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 3:40 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Making the Dream Come True - looking at emigrating to Australia

Originally Posted by scrummy
Hi Everyone!
My family and I are very seriously looking into Emigrating to Perth! We too are going to an Expo in March but in Manchester. We are going over to Perth this year! We live in Doncaster, not far from you Mike!
It's very daunting and exciting at the same time. We feel scared if we do it and scared if we don't. For us, Australia offers not only beautiful sights and weather but a sense of community ( something Britain has lost). We would love to live among like minded people, never taking a minute for granted. Australian people seem so up beat, kind and layed back!
My husband is on the wanted list. He is an I.T professional. We are not sure how to approach the Visa thing yet. Hoping the Expo will help or indeed if anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated.
A friend reccommended 'Concept Australia'. Has anyone heard or used them before?
Lovely to be here
Sarah
Hi Sarah...welcome aboard.

If you use the links I've given in post #2 they will take you to our Australia forums. If you have any questions about visas or anything related to the actual immigration process please post them in the Immigration Forum.

Please could you repost your question about 'Concept Australia' in the Australia forum...as this forum is to welcome new members to BE?
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 3:47 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everyone!
My husband is on the wanted list. He is an I.T professional. We are not sure how to approach the Visa thing yet. Hoping the Expo will help!
Lovely to be here
Sarah
Sarah...there is no need to delete posts and repost. If you wish to amend your post you can do so for up to 2 hours after it was posted. Hit the 'Edit' button at the bottom right hand side of your post....this will enable you to edit.
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 3:49 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Sarah...there is no need to delete posts and repost. If you wish to amend your post you can do so for up to 2 hours after it was posted. Hit the 'Edit' button at the bottom right hand side of your post....this will enable you to edit.
Sorry about that, made a real hash of it!
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 3:51 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Sorry about that, made a real hash of it!
No problem...you'll soon get the hang of how the bells and whistles work. Please give me a shout if you need any help. Click on my username and when you have made 3 posts you can send me a Private Message if you have any problems.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Feb 2nd 2011 at 3:56 am. Reason: typo
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 3:53 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
No problem...you'll soon get the hand of how the bells and whistles work. Please give me a shout if you need any help. Click on my username and when you have made 3 posts you can send me a Private Message if you have any problems.
Thank you! Think I'm having a dim day, lol
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 3:57 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Thank you! Think I'm having a dim day, lol
I'm a blonde so I know how that feels.
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 4:02 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Default Re: Looking to move from Manchester to Perth

Sarah...I have opened a new thread for you and moved the relevant posts into it.
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 4:41 am
Just Joined

Thanks! We live in Doncaster though, not Manchester
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 4:55 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Thanks! We live in Doncaster though, not Manchester
So you do...thanks for pointing it out...I've changed the title.
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 11:37 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking to move from Doncaster to Perth

Hey Sarah welcome to BE.

Perth is a great place I'm sure you will love it.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 12:24 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking to move from Doncaster to Perth

Hello Sarah & a warm welcome to BE .

We went to a NZ Expo in 2004 & it proved to be very useful, that the one in Manchester is likewise for you.

Good luck with your plans & happy posting.