Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Looking to buy in Hungary

Looking to buy in Hungary

Old Aug 22nd 2012, 8:12 pm
Just Joined

mikkidee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking to buy in Hungary

Hello everyone, our names are Mike and Nic, we have just spent last weekend at the Malvern motorhome show and while we were there we came across this guy advertising Hungarian homes for sale. Well we are very interested in purchasing a property in Hungary maybe 40 minutes away from Lake Balaton.

Before we book the the viewing trip I thought I would sign up to this site to try and gain some valuable infomation before we commit ourselves. We are looking for some first hand info from people who have already experienced the too's and fro's of buying in Hungary and any advise is most welcome. We are both 45 years if age and looking for a new adventure, we have just sold our motorhome and are in the position to be ale to purchase a property in Hungary.

Look forward to your replies.

Mike and Nic
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 7:09 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking to buy in Hungary

Hi Mike and Nic and welcome to the BE forum's. As concierge for the Hungarian section, feel free to contact me should you require any help.
Take your time to browse through the forum which has a wealth of knowledge and ask away should you have any questions - there is usually somebody around to offer a reply.

The best advise I can give is to research thoroughly and don't rush into anything.

Good luck with you search
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 7:40 am
Just Joined

Hi Concierge, thanks for the welcome. We met an agent at a show who was selling property in Hungary, I have read that some agents are purely there to introduce you to the seller and then charge a huge fee for the pleasure.

The company who we are looking to go through are called glmip.info, do you, or anyone, have any infomation on this company.
Many thanks
Mike and Nic
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 7:45 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mike, I think you only need one more post to receive PM's
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 7:49 am
Just Joined

Thanks you, so this could be my 5th post
Mike
Old Aug 25th 2012, 10:07 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary