Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

The long road ahead leads to Minnesota

The long road ahead leads to Minnesota

Old Dec 4th 2010, 10:07 am
Just Joined

AnRon is just really niceAnRon is just really niceAnRon is just really niceAnRon is just really niceAnRon is just really niceAnRon is just really niceAnRon is just really niceAnRon is just really nice
Talking The long road ahead leads to Minnesota

Good morning all.
I'm writing this from a very snowy Nottinghamshire with the plan to move to an even snowier Minneapolis. Feel like I'm in training!

Anywho, my American boyfriend and I have decided it's time to get serious, we've known each other 18 months, so while I'm visiting for the New Year we hope to start the application proccess.

I've been through some of the threads already and have found a mountain of useful information, so many thanks to everyone who has contributed - I get the feeling I'll be spending a lot of time on this site!

Please get in touch with any king words of wisdom. I'd also like to hear from people who are about to set off on a similar journey. I think it would be nice to have a 'buddy'.

All the best and stay safe.
Old Dec 4th 2010, 10:45 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The long road ahead leads to Minnesota

Originally Posted by AnRon
Good morning all.
I'm writing this from a very snowy Nottinghamshire with the plan to move to an even snowier Minneapolis. Feel like I'm in training!

Anywho, my American boyfriend and I have decided it's time to get serious, we've known each other 18 months, so while I'm visiting for the New Year we hope to start the application proccess.

I've been through some of the threads already and have found a mountain of useful information, so many thanks to everyone who has contributed - I get the feeling I'll be spending a lot of time on this site!

Please get in touch with any king words of wisdom. I'd also like to hear from people who are about to set off on a similar journey. I think it would be nice to have a 'buddy'.

Welcome to the forum, You will want to head over to our USA Immigration Section and Wiki, We have a number of Forum Leaders over there that will be able to help you should you have any problems, As each forum section has Concierges and Moderators to help you. Once again Welcome to the Forum and good luck with your adventure.

Last edited by Ka Ora!; Dec 4th 2010 at 10:49 am.
Old Dec 4th 2010, 12:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Good morning all.

Hi there and welcome to BE.

Have you seen the film New In Town? I watched it a couple of nights ago...it's quite funny and set in a small town in snowy Minnesota.

I suggest that you take a look at the US Marriage Based Visa forum please post any questions you have about the actual immigration process in that forum. General questions about life in the US should be posted in the US Forum. and the Trailer Park is for general chit chat. We also have a Meet-Ups Forum...the links to the various US Forums are listed at the top of the main index page for the US Forum.

If you require any assistance finding your way around BE's many forums we have a team of concierges who will act as your tour guide...they will be pleased to help you. The concierge for the US forums is Kaffy Mintcake...please contact her if you need pointing in the right direction.

Any problems or concerns should be addressed to a mod or admin. The mods for the US Immigration forums are Rete, Meauxna, Noorah101, Bob and MsElui.

Please give me a shout if I can be of further help. I look forward to seeing you in the US forums. US Forum.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Dec 4th 2010 at 12:39 pm.
Old Dec 4th 2010, 12:35 pm
Just Joined

AnRon is just really niceAnRon is just really niceAnRon is just really niceAnRon is just really niceAnRon is just really niceAnRon is just really niceAnRon is just really niceAnRon is just really nice

Thanks both for the welcome!

As for talking funny - I can understand them better than the can me
Old Dec 4th 2010, 12:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks both for the welcome!

As for talking funny - I can understand them better than the can me
Sorry I've just got up and pressed the 'post' button before I meant to. I've now added more info to my post.
Old Dec 4th 2010, 12:45 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Sorry I've just got up and pressed the 'post' button before I meant to. I've now added more info to my post.
Yes this is looking a bit surreal now!

Thanks for the additional info and the movie suggestion - it has to be more positive than Fargo!

See you around.