Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Living and werking in Canada

Living and werking in Canada

Old Jul 12th 2015, 4:57 am
Just Joined

Snorepig is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Living and werking in Canada

Hi,My partner and i want to move from the Uk to Canada with our newborn son,what is the correct procedure to ensure no rejection from Canada House?
Old Jul 12th 2015, 8:08 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living and werking in Canada

and what visa are you planning on moving over on?
Old Jul 12th 2015, 9:15 am
Just Joined

We are not sure the last time i applied it was with a sponsor,
Old Jul 12th 2015, 9:18 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

best bet is to check out the Canadian forum and look for advise on visas
Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) - British Expats

read through the Stuck threads at the top for some information
Old Jul 12th 2015, 9:37 am
Just Joined

Many Thanks for the information
Old Jul 12th 2015, 10:00 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Snorepig
We are not sure the last time i applied it was with a sponsor,
What kind of sponsor?

As said above, the process will depend on your visa route - there are so many different ways to get a visa for Canada, and each has a different process.

But just FYI, Canada House isn't involved in the process, you will either apply online or send your application to CIC in Canada, depending on the visa route.

When did you apply previously, how long did you live in Canada for and under which visa route? Things have changed massively in the past year or so, so you may find that the route you used to live there previously doesn't exist any longer, but have a look at the CIC website for more info on what visa you may be eligible for, and come and join us in the Canada forums if you've got any questions.

Good luck.