Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Living in the UK..Thinking of making the move to Spain!!

Living in the UK..Thinking of making the move to Spain!!

Old Feb 16th 2010, 9:49 am
Just Joined

sunworshiper is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Living in the UK..Thinking of making the move to Spain!!

Hi, my name is Sarah, I have a wonderful husband and 2 lovely children, a boy of 9 and a girl of 5.

My husband and I both love Spain and dream of the day when we wake up in the morning to the gorgeous sunshine. longer days and smashing sea views!! (I really hate the cold in the UK, amongst many other things!) I would move tomorrow and so would my husband, but for fear of upsetting the children and making that first horrible step into the new life, we put it off and it seems easier to just stay here!

One day.... we WILL make that move!!

Thanks for reading!!!
Old Feb 16th 2010, 11:18 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living in the UK..Thinking of making the move to Spain!!

Originally Posted by sunworshiper
Hi, my name is Sarah, I have a wonderful husband and 2 lovely children, a boy of 9 and a girl of 5.

My husband and I both love Spain and dream of the day when we wake up in the morning to the gorgeous sunshine. longer days and smashing sea views!! (I really hate the cold in the UK, amongst many other things!) I would move tomorrow and so would my husband, but for fear of upsetting the children and making that first horrible step into the new life, we put it off and it seems easier to just stay here!

Thanks for reading!!!
Hi, and welcome to the forum!
If it's better weather you want, you should take a look at some of the posts on the Spain forum - they are all complaining about snow and rain at the moment (like we all are, I'm in the south of France).
Seriously though, put your questions to the Spain members and they'll help with the 'upsetting' and 'horrible' side of things!
Old Feb 16th 2010, 1:26 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living in the UK..Thinking of making the move to Spain!!

Originally Posted by sunworshiper

Thanks for reading!!!
Hello and welcome to BE.

With about 18" inches of snow outside I share your dreams.

Here is the link to our Spain forums. Take a read through some of the threads to give you an insight into life in Spain and post any questions you have about Spain in there.