Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Living in the uk!

Living in the uk!

Old Nov 18th 2015, 8:16 pm
Just Joined

Mellowyello is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Living in the uk!

We are coming in February and wanting to rent a home and put our girls into school right away so to not disturb their year. Can any tell me how to let a home if from US! What do we need to bring as proof of income, whatever details are needed?
Old Nov 18th 2015, 8:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living in the uk!

Proof of income ? For whom ?
Old Nov 18th 2015, 10:05 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and welcome to the forum

Think you may need to go into a little more detail and on the USA section. Welcome Inn is just a global introduction section. I'm in Malaysia so cannot help you at all.

Follow this link below, and post away, ask some questions, have a good read:
USA - British Expats
Old Nov 18th 2015, 10:08 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Oops just re-reading your post and noticed the subject line < doh > I'll have a gulp of coffee and wake meself up now

OK, the USA section (link in previous post) will probably be helpful to ask questions about renting out your US house.

Re moving to the UK, this section may be helpful:
Moving back to the UK - British Expats

All the best.
Old Nov 19th 2015, 1:43 am
Just Joined

Mellowyello is an unknown quantity at this point

Re posted in Us part! But my question is more for those who successfully have relocated overseas in england from Us!

We are coming in February and wanted to know if we can let a home? And what the procedure is as well as is it normal for homes to have washer and re fridge or do we need to buy one to add to home? Most rentals in Us have washer dryer and refridge, just trying to prepare myself for what to expect.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old Nov 19th 2015, 2:23 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mellowyello
Re posted in Us part! But my question is more for those who successfully have relocated overseas in england from Us!

We are coming in February and wanted to know if we can let a home? And what the procedure is as well as is it normal for homes to have washer and re fridge or do we need to buy one to add to home? Most rentals in Us have washer dryer and refridge, just trying to prepare myself for what to expect.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Welcome to BE.

I have moved your other thread out of the US forum and into our UK forum. As this forum is purely for new members to introduce themselves...please could you keep your questions about moving to the UK to your other thread. Thank you.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/movin...-uk-us-868171/

You don't say whether you are British or American. If you are American you may also be interested in UKYankee.com forum...it's primarily for Americans moving to the UK. Either way...you are most welcome to join our cyber community.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Nov 19th 2015 at 2:28 am.
Old Nov 20th 2015, 10:08 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
..... If you are American you may also be interested in UKYankee.com forum...it's primarily for Americans moving to the UK. Either way...you are most welcome to join our cyber community.
You mean uk-yankee.com