Reload this Page >

Liverpudlian - currently living in Germany

Liverpudlian - currently living in Germany

Old Oct 17th 2012, 12:27 pm
Just Joined

everjo will become famous soon enougheverjo will become famous soon enough
Default Liverpudlian - currently living in Germany

Hi all,
I am Jo, a son of Liverpool, currently living in Germany (job) and just want to share and read some expat experiences here.
cheers, jo
Old Oct 17th 2012, 1:28 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Liverpudlian

Judging by your user name, you are the wrong sort of Liverpudlian.

Welcome to BE, none the less.
Old Oct 18th 2012, 8:43 am
Just Joined

thank you for this "friendly" welcome
Old Oct 18th 2012, 2:21 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Oct 18th 2012, 3:53 pm
Just Joined

Thank you Rosemary, I'll take a look at the forums first and will come back to you in case of questions.
Old Oct 18th 2012, 7:27 pm
kopites are gobshites

this charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to behold

if you support the "peoples club" i will roll out the blue carpet ,however if you are of the other persuasion,you will have to exit stage left pronto
Old Oct 19th 2012, 1:24 am
Forum Regular

chris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nice

Hi Jo. Nice to see another Scouser on the forum. I presume you are a Blue? Me..I'm a Red. Since moving to New Zealand 6 years ago, though, I've kinda lost touch with the whole footy scene. It's all Rugby and League here.

Wherabout are you from? I was born and bred in Whiston, so not a 'true' scouser. I've always considered myself one rather than a St Helens wooly-back, though. Bit of a 'neither one nor the other' I s'pose.

Later.

Chris
Old Oct 19th 2012, 12:35 pm
Just Joined

blue for me grown up in Everton, yet I have to say, I am moderate in my views and have grown weary of the competition between red and blue. the whole people's club debate... I enjoy watching the sport.
Old Oct 19th 2012, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

chris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nice

Same here, Jo. I've got good mates as well as family that are Blues and I've never been one for hating on somebody because of their football affiliations.
It was fantastic to see how Everton fans rallied around the recent report out on the Hillsborough disaster. We're all from Merseyside after all's said and done.

How do the Germans treat you over there? I presume there's a lot of comments passed about your accent and the Beatle mania that was big over there in the 60's?

Chris
Old Oct 19th 2012, 7:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by everjo
blue for me grown up in Everton, yet I have to say, I am moderate in my views and have grown weary of the competition between red and blue. the whole people's club debate... I enjoy watching the sport.
Originally Posted by chris the property man
Same here, Jo. I've got good mates as well as family that are Blues and I've never been one for hating on somebody because of their football affiliations.
It was fantastic to see how Everton fans rallied around the recent report out on the Hillsborough disaster. We're all from Merseyside after all's said and done.

How do the Germans treat you over there? I presume there's a lot of comments passed about your accent and the Beatle mania that was big over there in the 60's?

Chris
Welcome to BR everjo and chris the property man.

Not like my Wooly Back (Runcorn) husband...die hard Liverpool fan. The only team that comes anything close to the dislike he has of Everton is Man U.
Old Oct 19th 2012, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Jeseygirl

ha ha..yeah, poor old Man U...eveyrone (apart from their own multi national supporters) hates them. Sir Alex has a lot to do with that, though...and the fact that they have been sooo successful...jealousy is a terrible thing.
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 12:55 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Liverpudlian - currently living in Germany

Hi to Chris and all the others!

Well, the Germans are nice, and my accent does not seem to be a big issue - I heard many Beatles allusions and questions - somehow I feel that this really makes me a better Englishman in their eyes. It is always like that:

German: Oh you're English? Where are you from?
Me: Liverpool.
German: Oh, the Beatles place! It must be so cool to be from the place where pop music was born!

or another reaction: Liverpool? Can you sing or play the guitar?

It's rather funny...but I let them have it. I enjoy The Beatles' music too. And since I have been living in Germany, I do appreciate it even more that I come from that place, since the Germans seem to really admire us for that, as they have nothing comparable to the Beatles (although there are some good bands around here too). Well, cheers!