Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Lancashire Fusilier

Lancashire Fusilier

Old Sep 24th 2011, 12:20 pm
Just Joined

Lee Enfield has a brilliant futureLee Enfield has a brilliant futureLee Enfield has a brilliant futureLee Enfield has a brilliant futureLee Enfield has a brilliant futureLee Enfield has a brilliant future
Post Lancashire Fusilier

Hi Guys,
Joined the site in the hope it will help me locate ex-pats who served in
THE LANCASHIRE FUSILIERS regiment, I am the Liaison member and, the
Lancashire Fusiliers website have tasked me to find as many exserving members
and bring them back into contact with fellow Fusiliers through the website.
Dave
Old Sep 24th 2011, 7:10 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lancashire Fusilier

Hi Lee

Firstly welcome to BE.
I may be corrected by one of my colleagues but I don't think we have a forum for reuniting as such.
The only suggestion I can make is to click on the forum index tab on the pink bar at the top of this page and scroll down past the list of countries where you will find a forum entitled 'the lounge'. It may be worth putting a post onto there and asking the posters to kindly spread the word.
The other option is a long winded task of going onto every forum and posting a message, which is probably the most likely guarentee of reaching everyone.

I am sure Sue, who is the forum boss, will be along soon and she will probably be able to avise you further.
I am sorry I can't be any more helpful at the moment, but I do wish you the very best of luck in tracing the troops

I also hope you find time to pop in and join in some of the forums too

Dread - x

Last edited by dreadsoc; Sep 24th 2011 at 7:53 pm.
Old Sep 24th 2011, 7:43 pm

Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Lancashire Fusilier

Originally Posted by Lee Enfield
Hi Guys,
Joined the site in the hope it will help me locate ex-pats who served in
THE LANCASHIRE FUSILIERS regiment, I am the Liaison member and, the
Lancashire Fusiliers website have tasked me to find as many exserving members
and bring them back into contact with fellow Fusiliers through the website.
Dave
Hello Dave,

I can pretty much only say that I second Dread's advice. There are others of us here who served in the British Army at one time or another in our lives, but even I'm not aware of any one forum here for that.

Posting in the Lounge (a sub-forum of the general forum) would be a good start as suggested, other than that, a post in the forum for each of the countries listed may be the more direct means, again just as Dread suggested.

Sue, the administrator here, would be the one with the definitive answers and some further suggestions for you.

Best,
Christian

P.S. Like the user-name you took!

Last edited by Christian; Sep 24th 2011 at 7:50 pm.
Old Sep 25th 2011, 3:42 pm
Just Joined

Lee Enfield has a brilliant futureLee Enfield has a brilliant futureLee Enfield has a brilliant futureLee Enfield has a brilliant futureLee Enfield has a brilliant futureLee Enfield has a brilliant future
Wink Re: Lancashire Fusilier

Hi Dread/ Christian.
Thanks for the welcome and, the advice will try & catch Sue and, make sure
its okay because I think it might be on the border line ( Spam ) advertising our
Website .
Christian glad you like my user name, wish I had a pound for every time I
had one in my arms .
Dave
Old Sep 25th 2011, 3:49 pm

Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Dread/ Christian.
its okay because I think it might be on the border line ( Spam ) advertising our
Website .
had one in my arms
Dave
A pound for every time ...

Pleasure, Dave! And good luck with things!
Old Sep 25th 2011, 3:57 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Dread/ Christian.
Website .
had one in my arms .
Dave
Hello and welcome.

To be honest I would normally delete a thread such as this...but as this is regarding the brave men and women that defend our country I've turned a blind eye.
Old Sep 25th 2011, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

Talking Re: Lancashire Fusilier

Jerseygirl,
What can I say But thank you so much
Old Sep 25th 2011, 4:15 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Jerseygirl,
What can I say But thank you so much
I suggest you open a new thread in The Lounge forum. I am also the moderator for that forum ...so I'll turn a blind eye as long as you do not try to promote a website/company or services.

If you could please just open the one thread in that forum...as opening duplicate threads in multiple forums gets very confusing and they will be deleted. Thank you.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Sep 25th 2011 at 4:18 pm.
Old Sep 25th 2011, 4:35 pm
Just Joined

Hi Jerseygirl,
I have put requests in 5 forums, Sorry been a bit to keen
but will put only one in the lounge now,
Thanks again for your patience with me.
Lee
Old Sep 25th 2011, 4:58 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lee

I am glad to see jerseygirl was able to help you.
All my very best with your quest to trace the brave folks from the fusiliers.

I have another suggestion for you, which is nothing to do with BE. There are numerous ex forces personnel who join police forces throughout the UK. There are 43 seperate forces in the UK, but each has its own force internal news relay which goes to everyone in the force, so it would probably yield some results for you to get in touch. Unfortunately there is no central point to bypass contacting all of them so it would mean 43 calls or emails on your part.

Just ring the standard numbers for each force - most are either 0800 or 0845 which are free or low cost, once though to the switchboards ask for connection to the media departments. Maybe also contact the MOD police and Customs as well as they recruit many ex forces people.

Regards

Dread - x
Old Sep 25th 2011, 5:04 pm
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: Lancashire Fusilier

Thanks for the heads up Dread
will start on that tomorrow
Cheers
Lee
Old Sep 25th 2011, 5:10 pm

Thanks for the heads up Dread
will start on that tomorrow
Cheers
Lee

No worries Lee

I know how valuable reunions are, especially for troops who have served in some of the hideous campaigns of late, finding old comrades can make a big difference. For those who have been injured or traumatised, this keeping in touch can be a real lifeline too.
If I think of any other avenues, I shall let you know. I will also ask a mate of mine who a few years ago traced people who had served on a navy ship. He may also have some pointers.

If you are unable to find any of the central numbers for any of the UK police forces, come back to me as I have an almanac I can look them up in for you.

Dread - x

Last edited by dreadsoc; Sep 25th 2011 at 5:12 pm.
Old Sep 25th 2011, 5:24 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Hi Jerseygirl,
I have put requests in 5 forums, Sorry been a bit to keen
but will put only one in the lounge now,
Thanks again for your patience with me.
Lee
The other threads have been deleted...I'll leave the one in The Lounge.