Hello!

Old Nov 7th 2015, 9:20 am
Just Joined

MissMinky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello!

Good Morning All,
I'm looking to leave the UK in the next 5 years and am hopng to make a full time move to the Canary Islands.
I am an active, retired 50 year old widow who is fully independent, I'm not looking to work once I move, more a relaxed 'latte' lifestyle.
I need to be in a safe area, ideally within striking distance of amenities but not in an area that is going to be full of holidaymakers. I have visited both Lanzarote and Fueteventura previously and liked both.
I looking for any advice members can give on this, it would be a huge move for me and although I am anxious to get it right, I am also hugely excited at the prospect.
Would members recommend a long term rental initially? Are there any expat groups on the Islands that could take,me under their wing?
Thank you
Old Nov 7th 2015, 12:17 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello!

Originally Posted by MissMinky
Good Morning All,
I'm looking to leave the UK in the next 5 years and am hopng to make a full time move to the Canary Islands.
I am an active, retired 50 year old widow who is fully independent, I'm not looking to work once I move, more a relaxed 'latte' lifestyle.
I need to be in a safe area, ideally within striking distance of amenities but not in an area that is going to be full of holidaymakers. I have visited both Lanzarote and Fueteventura previously and liked both.
I looking for any advice members can give on this, it would be a huge move for me and although I am anxious to get it right, I am also hugely excited at the prospect.
Would members recommend a long term rental initially? Are there any expat groups on the Islands that could take,me under their wing?
Thank you
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!
This being a section for generally welcoming worldwide newbies, you might do well to post again in the Spain Forum. There are several members living in the Canaries who can advise, including how much you'd need to budget for private healthcare insurance while waiting for your UK State Pension.
Old Nov 7th 2015, 10:49 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hey...welcome to the forum. It sounds like a lovely plan. Lovely climate in the Canaries.

As dmu says, do check out the Spain section of the forum and ask some questions though.

Hope it all works out.
Old Nov 8th 2015, 8:49 am
Just Joined

MissMinky is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks bakedbean, am certainly looking forward to the adventure!