Reload this Page >

Moving back to the UK from Tenerife

Moving back to the UK from Tenerife

Old May 14th 2011, 2:19 pm
Just Joined

Cookeys is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving back to the UK from Tenerife

Hi all, I´m new to this forum.

Me and my partner have just decided to make the move back to the UK after 4 years here in Tenerife (he´s been here 5).

After reading some of the posts here from members who have made the move I know i´ve made the right decision. But I´m more looking forward to beable to walk round my local supermarket and not have to look at some woman in a bikini two sizes too small while Im picking my fruit!.

All we have to decide on now is where we want to go, my family are up North and his are from Devon.....yes we met in Tenerife! The job situation doesn´t bother me that much and I know rent etc is cheaper up north but we would both like to live somewhere new to both of us. An other option is that we try Scotland but I think might be too cold for us.

I´ve just this morning taken my cat to the vets for his passport and we are also bringing back our dog (she already has a passport)

So if anyone out there can offer advise or tip, would be lovely to hear from you.

Many thanks
Old May 14th 2011, 2:33 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving back to the UK from Tenerife

Hello and welcome to BE.

Judging by your post I'm assuming you've already read through some of the threads in the Moving Back To The UK Forum. We have a great crowd of very helpful members who post in those forums...if you post all questions you may have regarding the move home I'm sure you get some helpful replies. We have many members who have and are moving back with pets...there are dozens of past threads on the subject.

It's also worthwhile taking a look in the BE Wiki.

We have a team of concierges who will act as your tour guides if you need help navigating your way through the many BE forums. You can find a list of our concierge's at the bottom right hand side of this forum's index page.

Any problems or concerns should be addressed to a moderator...you can find the mod's name at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index page. Moderators' names are in bold print and concierges' names are in standard print.

Please let me know if I can be of any further help. Good luck.
Old May 14th 2011, 3:41 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome to the BE community.

I hope that you gain all of the information that you are looking for. Jerseygirl has given you some areas for your research but if you need any help just put your questions in the Spain forum because we have members who have returned to the UK from mainland Spain and still help people with advice.

Rosemary
Old May 16th 2011, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

Cookeys is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the advise guys.......jerseygirl love your signature, being a Yorkshire lass myself!!
Old May 16th 2011, 2:49 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Cookeys,

Welcome to BE. You are going to love our Moving Back to the UK forum. Everyone who posts there are great at sharing experiences and info so I'm sure you will pick up lots of tips there.

Sue