just joining!

Old May 3rd 2019, 3:25 pm
Just Joined

annabos is an unknown quantity at this point
Default just joining!

Hi
We would like to be in touch with you guys for some hints about moving back to the UK. Got into some trouble with shipping our things over this way so need help to get our stuff back in one piece!
Thanks for being here!
Anna
Old May 3rd 2019, 3:51 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: just joining!

Hi Anna, welcome to BE

You'll find our Moving Back/To the UK forum very handy, just follow the link and start a thread to ask any questions you have http://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/
As a new member, please have a read of the forum's site rules, they're short and sweet and designed to make BE a pleasant experience for all https://britishexpats.com/site-rules

Best of luck with your move back and with getting your belongings back in one piece
Old Jun 6th 2019, 2:56 pm
Lt Col (Retd)

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annabos View Post
Hi
We would like to be in touch with you guys for some hints about moving back to the UK. Got into some trouble with shipping our things over this way so need help to get our stuff back in one piece!
Anna
What sort of trouble?
Old Jun 6th 2019, 3:02 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and good morning, Anna

Just a reminder to you and to others that the Welcome Inn is strictly for introductions.

We discourage asking and answering posts in the WI. Please visit and post in the forum that SOS has given you. You can explain your problem(s) there and hopefully get appropriate answers.

Rete
Old Jun 6th 2019, 3:16 pm
Just Joined

annabos is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Rete - please clarify:
Am i in the wrong place here?
Are my 2 questions in the wrong place?
Old Jun 6th 2019, 3:22 pm
Lt Col (Retd)

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

The Welcome Inn is for introductions not questions.

I think that your question about a space for a moving van in NYC belongs in the US forum (it has nothing directly to do with moving back to the UK) and I have asked the mods to move it to the US forum.
Old Jun 6th 2019, 3:30 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Morning again, Anna

We are glad that you stopped at the WI to let us know that you are a relative newbie to our forums. And it is our pleasure to welcome you.

As SOS mentioned, you should post your question(s) in the forum that is appropriate. I see that you have already done just this. Thanks

Since you are moving from NY back to the UK, you will find the US general forum helpful. Questions about what to do / expect when you return to the UK are best directed to the Moving Back to the UK forum.

As for the questions being in the wrong place, yes, they are. Why? Because not many members view this forum so your answers will be few and far between.

Also we discourage answering questions in the WI as it is strictly for introducing yourself.

Good luck with your move. Hope all goes smoothly.

Rete

Last edited by Rete; Jun 6th 2019 at 3:51 pm.
Old Jun 6th 2019, 3:42 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE Anna.

As already mention this forum is purely a ‘meet and greet’ forum. Please post any questions you may have in the relevant forum...links to said forums have already been provided. You will get a much better response by posting in the correct forum.

Once again welcome.

Thread closed