Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Just joined hoping to get some help re immigration rules

Just joined hoping to get some help re immigration rules

Old Sep 25th 2012, 9:24 am
Just Joined

L.Priya is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Just joined hoping to get some help re immigration rules

I have been on a student visa in uk for the past 2 years and my visa is expiring on the 15th of Oct. I married my husband whom I've known before coming to the country on the 2nd of sept this year. When we were making the preparations to apply for spouse visa, we suddenly realised the rules had recently changed against us in july and we are £11,000 short on our savings. We have thus decided to go on a holiday for a month to my homecountry and then apply for a family visit visa for me to come back for 6 months to with him - time needed for my husband to finish his current employment contract so we can both go back to Mauritius together. I need advices regarding the family visit visa. Are there any reasons why the immigration could refuse me entry? I hold a clean immigration record, have never overstayed or been deported or even been refused visa before. I believe I have to show ties with my homecountry and show my intention of going back. Both me and my husband would have a return ticket to go back to my homecountry after the 6 months but I cannot think of anything I can possibly demonstrate as being relevant ties with my homecountry since I have been in Uk for 2 years now.

Any help with regards to the above would be much appreciated.
Old Sep 25th 2012, 1:06 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just joined hoping to get some help re immigration rules

Welcome to BE, good luck and congrats!

This area is just a place to introduce yourself.

You're probably better off searching through and then posting in the Moving Back to UK side to this forum, though there are probably plenty of other sites that might be able to offer more help moving to the UK as this is more about leaving the UK.

http://www.uk-yankee.com/ That's probably a good place to check out.
Old Sep 25th 2012, 8:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

What passports do you and your husband hold? Mauritius/UK/other?
Old Sep 28th 2012, 2:12 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary