Just joined.

Old Nov 21st 2019, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

KJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Just joined.

I love to talk about, well almost anything! Particularly politics and items on sport, nutrition and fitness. being a fitness freak is why I suppose! I welcome discussions across the board and will always reply to anyone writing. Look forward to meeting you.
Old Nov 22nd 2019, 2:10 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just joined.

Howdy, welcome to BE. I see you've already dived into some political discussions so I'm guessing you don't need any pointers on using the forum

As a new member please bear in mind the few Forum rules we have, you can read them here https://britishexpats.com/site-rules

I hope you enjoy your time on BE.
Old Nov 22nd 2019, 6:41 am
Forum Regular

KJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond repute

Believe me, nothing nasty or insulting.
Old Nov 22nd 2019, 7:34 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KJMW View Post
I love to talk about, well almost anything! Particularly politics and items on sport, nutrition and fitness. being a fitness freak is why I suppose! I welcome discussions across the board and will always reply to anyone writing. Look forward to meeting you.
Hi, and welcome to the forum!
As you live in the (French) Basque country, you might like to post again in the France forum. There are rarely any political and/or controversial discussions there, but, as you've seen, the TIO section caters for them!
Old Nov 22nd 2019, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

Thank you for the message. No doubt I shall be posting in the section you suggest but I have no problems with political or controversial subjects either. As long as they don't descend into personal abuse I enjoy a robust discussion.
Old Nov 27th 2019, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jinalpatel View Post
hii, I love to write review. This is the best platform to share talk.
Indeed, conversation is great. This site can be most interesting but also quite provocative and in my view it depends quite markedly on your political stance. I think the vast majority here, or at least people I have come across lean quite heavily to the left. No problem with that other than some of the comments towards the right can become quite venomous so be prepared!
Old Nov 27th 2019, 9:06 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Indeed, conversation is great. This site can be most interesting but also quite provocative and in my view it depends quite markedly on your political stance. I think the vast majority here, or at least people I have come across lean quite heavily to the left. No problem with that other than some of the comments towards the right can become quite venomous so be prepared!
You're wasting your time, the person you're replying to is a spammer and will be removed shortly.
Old Nov 27th 2019, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
You're wasting your time, the person you're replying to is a spammer and will be removed shortly.
Sorry, what is a OP? Where did I see that, also a spammer!
Old Nov 27th 2019, 10:53 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, what is a OP? Where did I see that, also a spammer!
OP means Original Poster, as opposed to OH which means "other half". You pick these things up as you go along!
A spammer is a sort of troll, posting simply to get people's backs up, not for an intelligent discussion. What some first-time posters (those with "1 post" under their name) say should be taken with a pinch of salt and sometimes reported if it's obvious that they are spammers/trolls.
Old Nov 27th 2019, 11:16 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmu View Post
A spammer is a sort of troll, posting simply to get people's backs up, not for an intelligent discussion.
Not really, a spammer is somebody who is only here to advertise, promote their business or links for SEO purposes. A troll is different, somebody only posting to provoke reactions and cause trouble.

Either are usually got rid of fairly swiftly around here, and fairly easy to spot.
Old Nov 27th 2019, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa View Post
Not really, a spammer is somebody who is only here to advertise, promote their business or links for SEO purposes. A troll is different, somebody only posting to provoke reactions and cause trouble.

Either are usually got rid of fairly swiftly around here, and fairly easy to spot.
You live and learn. I didn't even know what a troll was, other than in the fable that is! Given I was accused by someone here of being one I did wonder!!
Thanks for clearing it up. Now, what's a SEO? Yep, I'm new to this!
Old Nov 27th 2019, 12:15 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sorry, my bad....
I had to check what SEO was - Search Engine Optimization...
Old Nov 27th 2019, 12:18 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

You live and learn. I didn't even know what a troll was, other than in the fable that is! Given I was accused by someone here of being one I did wonder!!
Thanks for clearing it up. Now, what's a SEO? Yep, I'm new to this!
SEO - search engine optimisation. Lots of dodgy SEO agencies that post on here purely to link dump for their clients, you can usually spot them a mile off as they post one line posts quickly just to get their post count up ( you can't post links on BE until you've posted 5 times). The person you responded to above was doing exactly that.

If you Google things like 'OP' and 'SEO' then you'll soon find out what they stand for.

HTH (hope that helps!).
Old Nov 27th 2019, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

SEO - search engine optimisation. Lots of dodgy SEO agencies that post on here purely to link dump for their clients, you can usually spot them a mile off as they post one line posts quickly just to get their post count up ( you can't post links on BE until you've posted 5 times). The person you responded to above was doing exactly that.

If you Google things like 'OP' and 'SEO' then you'll soon find out what they stand for.

HTH (hope that helps!).
Dodgy people abound!!!! Thanks for that.
Old Nov 30th 2019, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

HTH (hope that helps!).
TFTSEOWNTMT