British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Welcome Inn (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/)
-   -   Just joined. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/just-joined-929429/)

KJMW Nov 21st 2019 3:39 pm

Just joined.
 
I love to talk about, well almost anything! Particularly politics and items on sport, nutrition and fitness. being a fitness freak is why I suppose! I welcome discussions across the board and will always reply to anyone writing. Look forward to meeting you.

spouse of scouse Nov 22nd 2019 2:10 am

Re: Just joined.
 
Howdy, welcome to BE. I see you've already dived into some political discussions so I'm guessing you don't need any pointers on using the forum :)

As a new member please bear in mind the few Forum rules we have, you can read them here https://britishexpats.com/site-rules

I hope you enjoy your time on BE.

KJMW Nov 22nd 2019 6:41 am

Re: Just joined.
 
Believe me, nothing nasty or insulting.

dmu Nov 22nd 2019 7:34 am

Re: Just joined.
 

Originally Posted by KJMW (Post 12767206)
I love to talk about, well almost anything! Particularly politics and items on sport, nutrition and fitness. being a fitness freak is why I suppose! I welcome discussions across the board and will always reply to anyone writing. Look forward to meeting you.

Hi, and welcome to the forum!:)
As you live in the (French) Basque country, you might like to post again in the France forum. There are rarely any political and/or controversial discussions there, but, as you've seen, the TIO section caters for them!

KJMW Nov 22nd 2019 8:40 am

Re: Just joined.
 
Thank you for the message. No doubt I shall be posting in the section you suggest but I have no problems with political or controversial subjects either. As long as they don't descend into personal abuse I enjoy a robust discussion.

KJMW Nov 27th 2019 9:02 am

Re: Just joined.
 

Originally Posted by Jinalpatel (Post 12770224)
hii, I love to write review. This is the best platform to share talk.

Indeed, conversation is great. This site can be most interesting but also quite provocative and in my view it depends quite markedly on your political stance. I think the vast majority here, or at least people I have come across lean quite heavily to the left. No problem with that other than some of the comments towards the right can become quite venomous so be prepared!

spouse of scouse Nov 27th 2019 9:06 am

Re: Just joined.
 

Originally Posted by KJMW (Post 12770231)
Indeed, conversation is great. This site can be most interesting but also quite provocative and in my view it depends quite markedly on your political stance. I think the vast majority here, or at least people I have come across lean quite heavily to the left. No problem with that other than some of the comments towards the right can become quite venomous so be prepared!

You're wasting your time, the person you're replying to is a spammer and will be removed shortly.

KJMW Nov 27th 2019 9:07 am

Re: Just joined.
 

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse (Post 12770234)
You're wasting your time, the person you're replying to is a spammer and will be removed shortly.

Sorry, what is a OP? Where did I see that, also a spammer!

dmu Nov 27th 2019 10:53 am

Re: Just joined.
 

Originally Posted by KJMW (Post 12770235)
Sorry, what is a OP? Where did I see that, also a spammer!

OP means Original Poster, as opposed to OH which means "other half". You pick these things up as you go along!:)
A spammer is a sort of troll, posting simply to get people's backs up, not for an intelligent discussion. What some first-time posters (those with "1 post" under their name) say should be taken with a pinch of salt and sometimes reported if it's obvious that they are spammers/trolls.

christmasoompa Nov 27th 2019 11:16 am

Re: Just joined.
 

Originally Posted by dmu (Post 12770282)
A spammer is a sort of troll, posting simply to get people's backs up, not for an intelligent discussion.

Not really, a spammer is somebody who is only here to advertise, promote their business or links for SEO purposes. A troll is different, somebody only posting to provoke reactions and cause trouble.

Either are usually got rid of fairly swiftly around here, and fairly easy to spot.:thumbup:

KJMW Nov 27th 2019 11:30 am

Re: Just joined.
 

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 12770301)
Not really, a spammer is somebody who is only here to advertise, promote their business or links for SEO purposes. A troll is different, somebody only posting to provoke reactions and cause trouble.

Either are usually got rid of fairly swiftly around here, and fairly easy to spot.:thumbup:

You live and learn. I didn't even know what a troll was, other than in the fable that is! Given I was accused by someone here of being one I did wonder!!
Thanks for clearing it up. Now, what's a SEO? Yep, I'm new to this!

dmu Nov 27th 2019 12:15 pm

Re: Just joined.
 

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 12770301)
Not really, a spammer is somebody who is only here to advertise, promote their business or links for SEO purposes. A troll is different, somebody only posting to provoke reactions and cause trouble.

Either are usually got rid of fairly swiftly around here, and fairly easy to spot.:thumbup:

Sorry, my bad....
I had to check what SEO was - Search Engine Optimization...

christmasoompa Nov 27th 2019 12:18 pm

Re: Just joined.
 

Originally Posted by KJMW (Post 12770307)
You live and learn. I didn't even know what a troll was, other than in the fable that is! Given I was accused by someone here of being one I did wonder!!
Thanks for clearing it up. Now, what's a SEO? Yep, I'm new to this!

SEO - search engine optimisation. Lots of dodgy SEO agencies that post on here purely to link dump for their clients, you can usually spot them a mile off as they post one line posts quickly just to get their post count up ( you can't post links on BE until you've posted 5 times). The person you responded to above was doing exactly that.

If you Google things like 'OP' and 'SEO' then you'll soon find out what they stand for.

HTH (hope that helps!).

KJMW Nov 27th 2019 3:26 pm

Re: Just joined.
 

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 12770332)
SEO - search engine optimisation. Lots of dodgy SEO agencies that post on here purely to link dump for their clients, you can usually spot them a mile off as they post one line posts quickly just to get their post count up ( you can't post links on BE until you've posted 5 times). The person you responded to above was doing exactly that.

If you Google things like 'OP' and 'SEO' then you'll soon find out what they stand for.

HTH (hope that helps!).

Dodgy people abound!!!! Thanks for that.

Tweedpipe Nov 30th 2019 9:48 am

Re: Just joined.
 

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 12770332)
SEO - search engine optimisation. Lots of dodgy SEO agencies that post on here purely to link dump for their clients, you can usually spot them a mile off as they post one line posts quickly just to get their post count up ( you can't post links on BE until you've posted 5 times). The person you responded to above was doing exactly that.

If you Google things like 'OP' and 'SEO' then you'll soon find out what they stand for.

HTH (hope that helps!).

TFTSEOWNTMT :p


All times are GMT. The time now is 4:08 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.