Introduction newbie

Introduction newbie

Old Aug 10th 2020, 12:25 am
Just Joined

Daisydream is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Introduction newbie

hi there,
completely new....
Im not yet an expat but really hoping to be one....i hope thats OK?
looking forward to getting to know you all and obtaining knowledge from your experiences
Old Aug 10th 2020, 12:53 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Introduction newbie

Hi Daisy,

Welcome to BE.

We have many aspiring and inquiring expat wannabes, as well as people in various stages of planning their journey as an expat, and many actual expats willing to share their knowledge and experience, so you are more than welcome to join us while you explore what possibilities are open to you.

The forum is divided mostly by country and region. Which country(ies) are you interested in perhaps moving to?

BTW Please take a moment to review the site rules.

Last edited by Pulaski; Aug 10th 2020 at 12:58 am.
Old Aug 10th 2020, 3:38 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for your welcome
I have briefly looked through the country im looking to moving to.......
I have to say.....its not reading very positive....
Old Aug 10th 2020, 3:45 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Daisydream
Thank you for your welcome .....
You're welcome.
I have briefly looked through the country im looking to moving to.......
I have to say.....its not reading very positive....
Which is ....?
Old Aug 10th 2020, 6:01 pm
Just Joined

The states.....
Old Aug 10th 2020, 7:00 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

The states.....
Head over to the US immigration section of the forum and give the good folks info there about your job, education level, family ties to the US (if any), and they’ll soon help you work out if there’s any possibility of a visa. https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-i...ship-visas-34/

Best of luck.
Old Aug 10th 2020, 10:06 pm
Just Joined

Thank you..
it was actually looking through the US immigration section that made me realise its not happening....
Old Aug 10th 2020, 10:21 pm

Thank you..
it was actually looking through the US immigration section that made me realise its not happening....
It doesn't for most Brits. Contrary to what many people think and the media often portray, the US is a difficult country to immigrate to, and it is actually more difficult from the UK than from most countries, due to the UK being excluded from the diversity visa program.

That said, many Brits do find a way, but it is often through family sponsorship or company transfer, and it is precisely because many Brits find a way to make the move to the US that the UK is excluded from the diversity visa program.
Old Aug 10th 2020, 10:41 pm
Just Joined

Yeah i kinda figured.....
well i guess I'm kinda stuck in the uk.
Thank you for the help
Old Aug 10th 2020, 10:58 pm

Yeah i kinda figured.....
well i guess I'm kinda stuck in the uk.
Thank you for the help
You're welcome. Sorry I couldn't be a bearer of better news for you.
Old Aug 10th 2020, 11:27 pm
Just Joined

I kinda figured anyway, just worth the shot trying here incase someone suggested something i hadn't considered....
Old Aug 11th 2020, 7:07 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I kinda figured anyway, just worth the shot trying here incase someone suggested something i hadn't considered....
Without knowing lots more about you, nobody can suggest anything. There may be a route, but you’ll need to give full details in the immi section of the forum so people can have a look and suggest any options.

Being ‘stuck here’ in the UK isn’t a bad place to be, although most don’t realise it until they move abroad! You’re in a first world country, and unlike the US you have healthcare that you don’t need to have paid for, and the safety net of the benefits system. If you don’t like where you live in the UK but a visa for the US isn’t possible then you could look elsewhere - the EU is still open for you to move to without a visa for now? Canada? Oz? Or just a nicer part of the UK? The latter would be the easiest and cheapest by a mile!

Or another option is to get yourself in a position where you are eligible to move to the US. It’s not going to be quick or easy, but it’s doable. We call it the 10 year plan, if you really want the US then work for it and make it happen. But again, if you ask in the US immi section of the forum then people can steer you towards what you’d need to do to become eligible for a visa.

Good luck to you.
Old Aug 11th 2020, 10:49 am
Just Joined

Thank you
I will indeed consider everything thats been said.
Im in my early 40s and for me....im only really growing up now. So obviously I have many regrets about not doing well enough in school to of led me to university to get a degree in something that could of assisted me now.
Old Aug 11th 2020, 1:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Thank you
I will indeed consider everything thats been said.
Im in my early 40s and for me....im only really growing up now. So obviously I have many regrets about not doing well enough in school to of led me to university to get a degree in something that could of assisted me now.
It's never too late - Open University deadline for enrolments isn't for another month! Get yourself a degree, get yourself in a good job in a multinational company and hopefully the US will happen for you at some point.

Best of luck.
Old Aug 11th 2020, 4:43 pm
Just Joined

See 2 of my friends were extremely fortunate...they both worked in clothing shops in a small town here and both got transfers to the USA.
I myself was considering phlebotomy....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.