Reload this Page >

Introduction - Hoping to relocate to Spain

Introduction - Hoping to relocate to Spain

Old Mar 26th 2012, 12:35 am
Forum Regular

purpleflower is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Introduction - Hoping to relocate to Spain

Hi all, just joined this forum

My partner and I live in Chile at the moment but are hoping to re locate to Spain to be closer to my family in the UK. My partner is a US citizen and I am a British citizen and we are planning on moving to Spain and getting married in Gibraltar and then applying for residency in Spain under the Freedom of Movement for EU citizens and their spouses, my partner has a modest pension from the US that we live on so we will be looking for a cheap, small place to rent, probably in Northern Spain as we have heard it is cheaper there, my partner speaks fluent spanish but has a visual impairment so cant read text, I dont speak much spanish so when I try and read things to him in my awful accent, he laughs, lol. If anyone has any advice for us of areas to live in, places where they make it easier when applying for NIEs and residency or anyone else who has married in Gibraltar etc please let me know. I am sure I will have lots of other questions too, thanks all

Regards
Old Mar 26th 2012, 5:06 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Introduction

Hi Purpleflower

Welcome to BE - love the site name you chose.
You have certainly come to the right place and I see you have already found your way to our Spain forum, where you can chat with loads of other expats living and working in Spain. They're a nice bunch on there so I think the other posters will be only to happy to help with lots of good advice and information to help you on your way - and it's a great way to make some new friends for when you get there.

All the very best with your plans

Dread - x
Old Mar 26th 2012, 6:22 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Introduction - Hoping to relocate to Spain

Hi purpleflower,

Welcome to BE, I'm so pleased you have joined our little community and I hope you enjoy hanging around with us all.

I see you've already found your way to the Spain forum, they are a great bunch in there and I'm sure you will pick up a few tips about Spain.

If you get stuck on any of the site's bells and whistles please do not hesitate to give me a shout. You can contact me by clicking on my name.
Old Mar 26th 2012, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

Thankyou for the lovely welcome, you are right, the people on the Spain forum have been very friendly and helpful, as you both have too, thanks again
Old Mar 26th 2012, 2:34 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by purpleflower
Thankyou for the lovely welcome, you are right, the people on the Spain forum have been very friendly and helpful, as you both have too, thanks again
Well I am very glad to read that Welcome aboard
Old Mar 29th 2012, 3:33 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Mar 29th 2012, 3:48 am
Forum Regular

Thankyou Rosemary and Sue