Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Introduction - Essex!!!

Introduction - Essex!!!

Old Feb 14th 2011, 9:22 pm
Just Joined

jameswipps is just really nicejameswipps is just really nicejameswipps is just really nicejameswipps is just really nicejameswipps is just really nicejameswipps is just really nicejameswipps is just really nicejameswipps is just really nice
Default Introduction - Essex!!!

hi,

My name is James, I am 24 and from Essex, but living in North London. I am hoping to move to Australia this year, and if I like it (which I imagine everyone would!) try and stay.

I think I will have a few questions over the next few months and everyone on here seems very knowledgeable.

I have posted my first question in the visa section of Australia - hopefully someone will be able to help.

I look forward to speaking to some of you, and of course if anyone wants to leave Canada or NZ or Oz and emigrate to Essex I know all you need to know!
Old Feb 14th 2011, 9:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Introduction - Essex!!!

Welcome James and good luck with your plans.

I couldn't wait to leave Essex at 18, but I wouldn't mind moving back there now if only I could afford it
Old Feb 14th 2011, 9:53 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jameswipps
hi,

My name is James, I am 24 and from Essex, but living in North London. I am hoping to move to Australia this year, and if I like it (which I imagine everyone would!) try and stay.

I think I will have a few questions over the next few months and everyone on here seems very knowledgeable.

I have posted my first question in the visa section of Australia - hopefully someone will be able to help.

I look forward to speaking to some of you, and of course if anyone wants to leave Canada or NZ or Oz and emigrate to Essex I know all you need to know!
Hi James...welcome aboard.

I'm sure you'll get lots of good information and tips about immigration to Australia from the good folks who post in the Oz forums. I'm pleased to see you've already jumped straight in and started posting.

Please take time to read through the Site Rules and any stickied threads or announcements that may be posted at the top of each forum's index page. Also take a look in the BE Wiki...you'll find loads of useful info in there.

Kelli28 is the concierge for the Australia forums...so if you have any problems finding your way around our many forums please contact Kelli.

For all other concerns or problems please contact a moderator or admin. Every BE forum has at least one moderator dedicated to that forum...Australia has 4...Cresta57, Monneypenny20,, Sonlymewalter and Alistairboyle.

I hope you enjoy your time with us and don't forget to shout out should you require any help.
Old Feb 14th 2011, 9:59 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Introduction - Essex!!!

"The Only Way is Essex" eh?

(I haven't seen it but for those who haven't a clue what I've alluded to, it's the name of a TV series in the UK.... I suspect it fits the Essex stereotype of fake tans, bleached hair, white stilletoes, souped up cars etc?)

Although not originally from Essex, we do rent out our house in a village in the Epping Forest area....never want to live there again if I can help it....

Welcome to the forums BTW
Old Feb 14th 2011, 10:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
"The Only Way is Essex" eh?

(I haven't seen it but for those who haven't a clue what I've alluded to, it's the name of a TV series in the UK.... I suspect it fits the Essex stereotype of fake tans, bleached hair, white stilletoes, souped up cars etc?)

Although not originally from Essex, we do rent out our house in a village in the Epping Forest area....never want to live there again if I can help it....

Welcome to the forums BTW
You know Essex never used to be like that, but I did get a shock when I saw photos of my cousin's daughters - they have turned into orange Al Jolson look-alikes.
Old Feb 14th 2011, 10:06 pm
Just Joined

jameswipps is just really nicejameswipps is just really nicejameswipps is just really nicejameswipps is just really nicejameswipps is just really nicejameswipps is just really nicejameswipps is just really nicejameswipps is just really nice

Its not a great programme, it doesn't really reflect us well to be honest - I think we come across as a bit daft in it, when in fact the people of Essex are actually completely brilliant!!!
Old Feb 14th 2011, 10:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The film 'Essex Boys' with Sean Bean of all people is good
Old Feb 14th 2011, 10:09 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
The film 'Essex Boys' with Sean Bean of all people is good
Sean's a Sheffield lad.
Old Feb 14th 2011, 10:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Sean's a Sheffield lad.
Yeah I like him
Old Feb 14th 2011, 10:18 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Yeah I like him
He used to live near my BIL.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 6:59 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

I lived in Essex for 18 years and never once wore white stilettos. Honest.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 11:13 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bakedbean
I lived in Essex for 18 years and never once wore white stilettos. Honest.
And nor did I, even when I was shaving my legs.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 12:19 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

My first girlfriend was from Chelmsford, total slapper, she had her bad points too.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 12:22 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
My first girlfriend was from Chelmsford, total slapper, she had her bad points too.
I was born there. Maybe I know her too?
Old Feb 15th 2011, 12:28 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alistairboyle
I was born there. Maybe I know her too?
Statistically likely ... ,)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.