Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Confused newie - Looking for an adventure in France

Confused newie - Looking for an adventure in France

Old Feb 17th 2011, 8:14 am
Just Joined

wellacres is just really nicewellacres is just really nicewellacres is just really nicewellacres is just really nicewellacres is just really nicewellacres is just really nicewellacres is just really nicewellacres is just really nice
Default Confused newie - Looking for an adventure in France

Hi
We are a couple of semi retired pensioners looking to have a little adventure in France for a couple of years if we can work out the bureaucracy - so much reading here for us.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 8:53 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Confused newie

Originally Posted by wellacres
Hi
We are a couple of semi retired pensioners looking to have a little adventure in France for a couple of years if we can work out the bureaucracy - so much reading here for us.
Indeed there is!
Welcome to the forum .... please scroll down to the French section for much more information. We semi retired to Spain for a few years, but ended up staying here

Bureaucracy is always a bit of a nightmare, but ask questions and search in the French forum and it should help you to be less confused
Old Feb 17th 2011, 11:31 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Welcome to the Forum, Come and Join us over in the French Section of the Forum. Plenty of members who have made the jump and will be happy to give you some advice. Should you have any issues give me a shout.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 11:47 am
Just Joined

wellacres is just really nicewellacres is just really nicewellacres is just really nicewellacres is just really nicewellacres is just really nicewellacres is just really nicewellacres is just really nicewellacres is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
Welcome to the Forum, Come and Join us over in the French Section of the Forum. Plenty of members who have made the jump and will be happy to give you some advice. Should you have any issues give me a shout.
Thanks - loads of questions!
To start as a couple 63yrs and 73yrs receiving British pensions what is the situation with the French health service
Old Feb 17th 2011, 11:55 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Welcome to BE...it's very nice to meet you.

We have an excellent France forum...if you click on the link it will direct you there. Please feel free to ask any question you may have about France...the people who post in that forum will do their best to help you.

If you have any problems finding your way around the rest of the site Ka Ora is the concierge for the France forums...he will act as your tour guide and help you find your way around BE's many forums.

Any problems or complaints should be addressed to a moderator. Mitzyboy is the moderator for the France forums but if he's not around any mod or admin will be pleased to help you.

I hope your enjoy your time with us.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 12:50 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi wellacres,

Welcome to BE, you are going to love our France forum, it's full of great people who are wonderful at sharing information and tips.

Ka Ora is a wealth of information and should you get stuck on anything give him a shout.

Welcome again, we are so please you have joined our little community.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 1:30 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks - loads of questions!
To start as a couple 63yrs and 73yrs receiving British pensions what is the situation with the French health service
Hi, and welcome to the forum! I believe that you're covered for healthcare, but ask again on the France forum and some one in the same situation will confirm and tell you who to inform in the UK and what documents you need to show the French Bureaucrats.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 6:31 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Confused newie - Looking for an adventure in France

So being rather dense here if my husband and myself are 73 and 63 respectively and receive our UK pensions - do we qualify for the French health system without further payment or must we purchase additional health cover.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 6:37 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

So being rather dense here if my husband and myself are 73 and 63 respectively and receive our UK pensions - do we qualify for the French health system without further payment or must we purchase additional health cover.
Please could you repost your questions in the France forums...I provided the link in my post # 5? You will get a far better response if you post in there as this forum is for welcoming new members to the site. Thank you and good luck.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 10:06 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Hi again! As I said, I believe you'll get the standard reimbursements (70% reimbursement for consultations and up to 70% reimbursement for medicines). It's advisable to purchase a "Mutuelle" as a top-up health insurance which can reimburse the 30%. But please post again on the France forum, and those who have done this can help more than I can (I have been in France too long to know the present procedures for UK retirees).