Introduction

Old Mar 7th 2012, 8:24 pm
Back home at last!

Pombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud of
Default Introduction

Hi everyone,
I am new to BE - have been reading posts for a few weeks but decided it was about time to join! Hubby and I were born and brought up in England, relocated to Melbourne in 1999 and lived there until we relocated again to Silicon Valley in 2006. Now considering moving back to the UK for good. Have kids aged 13 and 11 who have mixed feelings about moving again..... I've already found lots of useful info here on the forums and hope to find more, and maybe to contribute some of my own
Old Mar 7th 2012, 11:09 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Introduction

Hi Pombat

Welcome to BE.

I recommend you check out the Moving back to the UK forum where you can chat to others who are like minded. Many folks are on there who have made the move back so they will be able to offer lots of first hand tips and advice to help you decide.
Your two kids may wish to check in and chat with other kids in our Youth Club forum as they may find other kids who have made the return move.

You can find both forums by clicking the 'forum index' tab on the top left corner of this page, scroll down and you will find the flrums - double click on the one you want and you're in.

All the best with whatever you decide and hope our forums help

Dread - x
Old Mar 7th 2012, 11:21 pm
Back home at last!

Pombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud of

Thanks Dread,
I have been looking at the Moving Back threads and there is definitely lots of helpful advice there. Our original plan was to be out of the UK for just 2 years and that was 13 years ago! But now really seems like the right time to go back. We have visited every year and appreciate that lots has changed, but ultimately there is no place like home.
Old Mar 8th 2012, 6:50 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary