Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Immigration info!!!

Immigration info!!!

Old Mar 22nd 2013, 7:58 pm
Just Joined

lawrence1975 is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Immigration info!!!

Recently went to a expo looking for information regarding my husband and I immigrating with our kids!. My husband would be applying for assembly jobs!! Under the semi skilled category! We were told the family can go with him but that I am not allowed to work!! Is there any way round this!!! I don't want to sit in my backside fir 6 months or more!! We really want to to this!! We thought when they changed and were allowing semi skilled workers in we were finally in with a shout!!! Please if anyone knows of anyone I can speak to or has any information I would be very very great full. We want to move to edmonton, Alberta!!! 😞😞
Old Mar 22nd 2013, 8:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Immigration info!!!

Welcome to BE Lawrence. Good luck with your planned move.

Have a look at the Canadian forums.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=56
Old Mar 22nd 2013, 8:46 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lawrence1975
Recently went to a expo looking for information regarding my husband and I immigrating with our kids!. My husband would be applying for assembly jobs!! Under the semi skilled category! We were told the family can go with him but that I am not allowed to work!! Is there any way round this!!! I don't want to sit in my backside fir 6 months or more!! We really want to to this!! We thought when they changed and were allowing semi skilled workers in we were finally in with a shout!!! Please if anyone knows of anyone I can speak to or has any information I would be very very great full. We want to move to edmonton, Alberta!!! 😞😞
Can you clarify which visa route you're thinking of? And what NOC code your husband would be?

Welcome to BE btw, come on over to the Canada forums and hopefully your questions will be answered.
Old Mar 22nd 2013, 9:11 pm
Just Joined

lawrence1975 is an unknown quantity at this point

Owe!! See now I'm going to look really stupid!!! That's why we went to the expo to have all these questions answered!! � ���� We came away with nothing!!! We have been reading as much as possible!! And we had red that the skilled workers visa had been changed to allow semi skilled!! And that if we moved to Alberta he was allowed to bring his family!!! We picked Alberta because of te gas and oil industry!!! The well head assembly job is the exact job he does here!!! Anyone we try to get information off just try's to get us to pay money!!! Very hard!!! � ����� ����� ����� ����
Old Mar 23rd 2013, 4:18 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there and welcome to the forum

As has already been said, do pop over to the Canada forum and post your questions there. The Welcome Inn is just for introductions to this forum. As you can see, a lot of us are spread all round this planet. I'm in Malaysia, so totally clueless about Canada.

Do follow the link that Alfresco has put in above, then you'll be hitting the right people to answer your questions.

All the best. Hope everything works out.
Old Mar 23rd 2013, 12:23 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Owe!! See now I'm going to look really stupid!!! That's why we went to the expo to have all these questions answered!! ������
Don't worry about it, lots of people are in the same boat. Most of the time the expos are packed and so it's hard to be able to get the time to sit down with the people/companies concerned to get the info you want. Still, at least you get a taster for things and I'm sure went home with loads of leaflets etc that have got you pumped up to find out more.

I'm sure you will pick up lots and tips and stuff from our other members, they are great at sharing experiences.

Best of luck with everything and welcome to BE!!
Old Mar 23rd 2013, 12:26 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

See now I'm going to look really stupid!!!
Not at all, we've all been there and been bamboozled by it! You'll soon figure it out though, head over to the Canada forum and have a really good read of the Wiki which has loads of useful info in it written by forum users (so no scary legal language!).

And we had red that the skilled workers visa had been changed to allow semi skilled!!
Not sure where you read that, but it's not correct. For the Federal Skilled Worker program the worker must still be 'skilled' i.e. NOC Level A, O or B on the Matrix (the clue's in the program title!). I can't find the job title you've given on the HRSDC search page, so can't help you figure out which Level he is I'm afraid, you'll need to search and find it yourself. Once you've got the NOC code then you can work out if he's 'skilled' or 'semi-skilled'.

And that if we moved to Alberta he was allowed to bring his family!!!
He could take his family to any province, it's not as though some don't allow family members to accompany him.

Anyone we try to get information off just try's to get us to pay money!!!
Any decent immigration consultant should do a free visa assessment for you to tell you which of the 50+ visa routes you qualify for. But advice is free on British Expats, so do come over to the Canada forums and ask your questions there - any visa related ones in the immigration section, and any general ones in the main part. Loads of helpful people and experts that will happily try and help you there.

Best of luck.