Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

Illegitimate Daughter (British Father and Filipina mother

Illegitimate Daughter (British Father and Filipina mother

Old Apr 28th 2018, 5:17 pm
Just Joined

Chubypie35 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Illegitimate Daughter (British Father and Filipina mother

Hello Everyone,

This is my first time to join this forum. I know my case is common issues and have very weak chances to reach out his father but still I would like to seek some advise if possible? I am hoping to get some hopeful tips and information or what is the best thing I could do with this matter? or Is there a chance that i could reach him without rejection? What is the best thing i could do? He has also Obligation to my daughter. My daughter start to ask where is her father? I told her he was working overseas. Every time she ask that questions my heart melt and crying inside. My daughter is 5 1/2 year old and now living with my close friend in the Philippines who act as her foster parent on my absence while I am here in Thailand working to support my daughter.The father of my child is British national, he knew i was pregnant and he is the father. All proof that i have from him was the exchange of email that he admitted that he has child from me and the bank money transfer from his bank account from uk to Philippines but it only happened once. During my pregnancy period until my child was born i didn't hear anything from him. I tried to send email to him for the update of my child but i still didn't get any response.
And now I found him throughout the professional site called www.LinkedIn.com, He is presently working <snip>. I try to connect with him but he is ignoring me.What should I do? Your opinion and advice are highly appreciated.

Thank you very much!

Last edited by christmasoompa; Apr 28th 2018 at 7:23 pm. Reason: Info removed that could identify him.
Old Apr 28th 2018, 5:54 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Illegitimate Daughter (British Father and Filipina mother

I dont know, but both Brazil and the Philippines are REMO countries (reciprocal agreements, though I dont know if that means they have agreements with each other or just with the UK). Thailand isnt. I would think think that a court in the Philippines would need to be involved.

Last edited by kimilseung; Apr 28th 2018 at 5:59 pm.
Old Apr 28th 2018, 6:18 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for stopping in at the Welcome Inn and introducing yourself and your problem. While this is not the place to answer your question and any future questions, I will refer you below to one of BE sites which might be of help.

I've limited knowledge of US immigration through a source of college studies in the field of US Immigration and one of the things studied was how an illegitimate child[ren] of a US citizen father can obtain US citizenship. I'm not sure if that information is the same for children born to a UK father. I imagine it is similar that the biological father must have acknowledged the child as theirs and if so, the child can apply for citizenship in the father's country. Will this help you get the father to pay child support? I don't know.

I am referring you to the following forum which might be assistance to you in the above. Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) - British Expats

You might also find some answers to your questions on this BE site http://britishexpats.com/forum/philippines-155/ for the Philippines.

Good luck with helping your daughter unite with her biological father and perhaps gaining UK citizenship through this birth right (if the father has the right to pass on his UK citizenship).

Last edited by Rete; Apr 28th 2018 at 6:20 pm.
Old Apr 28th 2018, 6:28 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

It's not clear what the OP is hoping to achieve. Simply having the father take an interest in his daughter will differ greatly from trying to get him to pay child support or for the child to be able to claim her British passport. Clarification is needed.
Old Apr 28th 2018, 6:53 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
It's not clear what the OP is hoping to achieve. Simply having the father take an interest in his daughter will differ greatly from trying to get him to pay child support or for the child to be able to claim her British passport. Clarification is needed.
No she was not clear but I rather give a newbie to our forums options of where to go to seek assistance since the Welcome Inn is NOT the place for a detailed discussion of her personal issues.
Old Apr 28th 2018, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

WRUSSELL is an unknown quantity at this point

If a child is illegitimate, under Philippine law, the mother holds all parental rights, including obtaining a passport and removing the child; unless there is a court order to the contrary.
Old Apr 29th 2018, 2:59 am
Just Joined

Chubypie35 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you everyone for all your opinion and advice. I know this is not the right place to come to share my personal problem. I was just dropping by chance to get some ideas to solve this matter. Thank you for all your concern very much appreciated.

Thank you very much!

Last edited by BEVS; Apr 29th 2018 at 4:02 am.
Old Sep 17th 2018, 2:48 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by skyg
Does anyone have any idea about my case? I will really do appreciate. Thank you in advance!

My daughter is 2 years old and she's gonna be 3 this January. His father is a UK citizen working overseas but living with us for 4 years now with my daughter since

We are not married yet got engaged last June recently. My daughters Birth certificate is his last name and he signed on it. Her passport is on Philippine though with his last name. But just today he told me he wanted to split because we fight a lot over stuff which I know I'm not allowed to discuss here and I understand totally.

However, my point now is will she my daughter is going to be financially supported by his father until she's 18 if we split or what is it gonna be since we're not married? I just have no idea that's all so I hope anyone can give me some helpful advice.

Also, his father discusses to me that she will win her because he has money for the lawyer and i don't on the court and she will take her away from me and her ex-wife in the UK will be looking after her(which I really don't want to happen ever.
I would recommend you seek legal advice. This is not really the kind of situation where fellow posters can offer any meaningful help.
Old Sep 17th 2018, 3:51 pm
Concierge

Hi skyg and welcome to BE

Unfortunately, you have posted a question in the Welcome Inn which is for introduction purposes only. After a read of the site rules for posting, please repost this in the proper forum/sub-forum.

So your daughter is living with you and her grandfather who is a living with you and her grandfather has claimed parental status of your daughter by his son. While your English is very good, perhaps you meant to write that HER father not his father (which would make your partner her grandfather).

I am unsure where you should repost but suggest both the Philippine forum and the Moving Back to the UK forum for information. All three sites can be found here:

http://britishexpats.com/site-rules/

https://britishexpats.com/forum/philippines-155/

http://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/
Old Sep 18th 2018, 11:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
No she was not clear but I rather give a newbie to our forums options of where to go to seek assistance since the Welcome Inn is NOT the place for a detailed discussion of her personal issues.
Correct...the Welcome Inn is purely to meet and greet new members. That’s said...I have moved this thread out of the WI and into the Philippines forum.