Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Moving to the US

Moving to the US

Old Mar 1st 2011, 10:57 am
Just Joined

philp29 is just really nicephilp29 is just really nicephilp29 is just really nicephilp29 is just really nicephilp29 is just really nicephilp29 is just really nicephilp29 is just really nicephilp29 is just really nice
Default Moving to the US

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself and say hello. I will be moving to the US (hopefully) in the next couple of years and have stumbled across this site. So far I have found it very useful and I am sure I will continue to do so.

My name is Phil and I am currently in the UK, I am engaged to an American citizen and I am hoping to move there. I am currently trying to evaluate 2 different immigration routes...oh the joy!
Old Mar 1st 2011, 1:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Re: Moving to the US

Originally Posted by philp29
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself and say hello. I will be moving to the US (hopefully) in the next couple of years and have stumbled across this site. So far I have found it very useful and I am sure I will continue to do so.

My name is Phil and I am currently in the UK, I am engaged to an American citizen and I am hoping to move there. I am currently trying to evaluate 2 different immigration routes...oh the joy!
Hi Phil...welcome to BE.

Congratulations on your engagement and upcoming marriage.

I recommend you take a look around our US Marriage Based Visa forum...the members who post in that forum will help guide you and your finance through the immigration process. Your first port of call should be the BE Wiki...there's lots of info in there. Before posting please read through the stickied threads that are posted at the top of the forum's index page. That way you'll have gathered some knowledge about the immigration process before you post your questions.

You may also like to take a look around the US Forums.

If you require any assistance finding your way around BE's many forums we have a team of concierges who will act as your tour guide...they will be pleased to help you. The concierge for the US forums is Kaffy Mintcake...please contact her if you need pointing in the right direction.

Any problems or concerns should be addressed to a mod or admin. The mods for the US Immigration forums are Rete, Meauxna, Noorah101, Bob and MsElui.

Please give me a shout if I can be of further help. I look forward to seeing you in the US forums.
Old Mar 1st 2011, 4:30 pm
Just Joined

ACelticgirl2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to the US

Like you I never knew this site existed lol. It was so much easier when I came over and when I look at some of the posts I cringe. I don't envy you the upcoming hassle of all the forms, photos, fingerprints etc. It will be quite the journey but it's also an exciting prospect Good luck!!
Old Mar 1st 2011, 10:32 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE and good luck!

The marriage route certainly is the easiest way in though
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 12:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Phil and welcome to BE! Best of luck in your future plans and let me know if I may help you in any way.
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 10:50 am
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by philp29
Hi everyone,

Welcome to BE from me too.....good luck with your plans & happy posting