British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Welcome Inn (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/)
-   -   Howdy Folks (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/howdy-folks-898255/)

sharprc Jun 19th 2017 7:17 pm

Howdy Folks

Hey everyone!

My name is Rob, I'm 25, based in the U.K. but hoping to be on the way to the US with work soon.

I'm a health and safety manager for an oil and gas firm (fun!) and keen ice hockey enthusiast.

Nice to meet you all!

Rob

spouse of scouse Jun 19th 2017 8:32 pm

Re: Howdy Folks

Hi Rob, welcome to BE and thanks for introducing yourself :)

I see you've found your way to our US forum, which is great. If you haven't done so already could you please have a look at the BE site rules, and if you run into any site related problems please contact one of our friendly moderators - their names are in the lower right hand corner of each index page.

My husband worked offshore on oil and gas rigs for decades, the importance of good safety and health practices can't be overstated. During one of his calls home to me when he was offshore, the alarm sounded and he had to dash off. Longest half an hour of my life until he rang back with those blissful words 'just a drill'.

Best of luck with your move to the US!

sharprc Jun 19th 2017 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse (Post 12276453)
Hi Rob, welcome to BE and thanks for introducing yourself :)

I see you've found your way to our US forum, which is great. If you haven't done so already could you please have a look at the BE site rules, and if you run into any site related problems please contact one of our friendly moderators - their names are in the lower right hand corner of each index page.

My husband worked offshore on oil and gas rigs for decades, the importance of good safety and health practices can't be overstated. During one of his calls home to me when he was offshore, the alarm sounded and he had to dash off. Longest half an hour of my life until he rang back with those blissful words 'just a drill'.

Best of luck with your move to the US!

Thanks for the welcome, found the guys over in the US forum to be amazing help so far, such a wealth of knowledge and experience.

The role over in the US isn't in Oil and Gas, more manufacturing but working in O&G really sets you up for most challenges! I know the feeling of having the platform alarm go off well, can be a little unsettling at times!

spouse of scouse Jun 19th 2017 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by sharprc (Post 12276475)
Thanks for the welcome, found the guys over in the US forum to be amazing help so far, such a wealth of knowledge and experience.

The role over in the US isn't in Oil and Gas, more manufacturing but working in O&G really sets you up for most challenges! I know the feeling of having the platform alarm go off well, can be a little unsettling at times!

:thumbsup: It's great to be able to talk with other expats and there's some fantastic people over on the US site. See you around!

Pulaski Jun 19th 2017 10:11 pm

Hi Rob, welcome to BE! :wave:

We have already crossed paths in the US forum. It's always good to see new faces on the forum, so I hope you stick around. :)