Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

How to Get a Free Flight Back to the US?

How to Get a Free Flight Back to the US?

Old Jul 14th 2014, 6:49 am
Just Joined

Chris Hill is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How to Get a Free Flight Back to the US?

Hi, I am an American expat living in the Philippines. I have been here for almost a year and I have basically run out of money. There are little job opportunities for me here since I am 22 and I only have a high school diploma. I bought a PC café when I moved here and I thought it was a good business idea but I’m barely making ends meet since I also have a girlfriend and kid. I can’t survive on counting peso coins and the maintenance on the computers is costly.

I went to the US Embassy in Manila to ask for help but they will only give me a free phone call to the states and recommended some churches to ask for help. I thought they do more for US citizens but they do not. My parents won’t help me and my friends are broke. I was wondering if anyone else has been through this type of experience?

I heard that there are some jobs that will hire Americans and pay for a free flight to the US. However, I can’t find any information about it. Can someone tell me what companies will do this for me? If anyone knows a company that will allow me to return and work in USA and provide a free flight and accommodation, then it will definitely be a life-changer for me. I would be more than grateful. Hope to get a reply. Thanks!
Old Jul 14th 2014, 12:59 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to Get a Free Flight Back to the US?

Hi. You can try posting in the Philippines section of the forum. I'm sure you can find it. What does your partner have to say about your idea of leaving her and her child? (Your child?)
Old Jul 15th 2014, 12:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

There are plenty of companies that hire people from overseas, pay for their flights over, provide initial accommodation and even pay for their very expensive visas.

Try Google, Apple, or any of the large technology companies in Silicon Valley; gas/oil companies in Houston; banks/financial institutions in New York.
Old Jul 15th 2014, 8:05 am
Just Joined

Chris Hill is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, for the suggestions. I'm still looking into my options.