Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hopefully leaving France and moving to....

Hopefully leaving France and moving to....

Old Mar 13th 2011, 7:00 pm
Just Joined

Marciac man is just really niceMarciac man is just really niceMarciac man is just really niceMarciac man is just really niceMarciac man is just really niceMarciac man is just really niceMarciac man is just really niceMarciac man is just really nice
Default Hopefully leaving France and moving to....

Helloooooooo

Newby here!!
We also have a house to sell in France, before wife & I, and 2 young daughters, Spooky & Bizarre, invade your part of the world.
We have a million questions to ask, so I won't start now. Could be here all night, lol. Not going to dare mention website, either.(hehe).
But....................if I should...it would be www.hatethesefrenchwinters.com

Can't wait to get there (dot com)

Griff
Old Mar 13th 2011, 10:13 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just want to introduce ourselves

Originally Posted by Marciac man
Helloooooooo

Newby here!!
We also have a house to sell in France, before wife & I, and 2 young daughters, Spooky & Bizarre, invade your part of the world.
We have a million questions to ask, so I won't start now. Could be here all night, lol. Not going to dare mention website, either.(hehe).

Griff
OK I see I have a joker on my hands.

Welcome to BE. Where are you moving to...the US?

Edit: Rather than hijacking a thread I have opened one especially for you. You can find details on www.plsedonthijackthreads.com.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Mar 13th 2011 at 11:03 pm.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 9:10 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hopefully leaving France and moving to....

Helloooooooo

Newby here!!

Griff
Hi, it's been raining non-stop here in the Hérault since Saturday, after a particularly hard winter, so I can sympathize with being fed up with French winters.
But if you look on threads in the France forum, you'll find countless people in the UK wanting to come and live in France to escape the bad English weather!
That's as may be, everyone has a deep-down reason for really wanting to leave.
Come on the France forum and you might get advice about selling your house and you might even be persuaded to stay here!
Wherever "in your part of the world" is, think about the welfare of your daughters and how you're going to earn your living to bring them up, whatever the weather!
Good luck!
Old Mar 14th 2011, 11:30 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Marciac man

Welcome to BE.

I would open one called www.getthef.outoftheukinwinter.com (oops !)for exactly the same reason.

Where in the world are you off to?

Good luck with your plans

Dread - x
Old Mar 14th 2011, 12:40 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Marciac man ... welcome to BE.

So put us out of our misery .... where are you moving to?

Sue
Old Mar 14th 2011, 9:56 pm
Just Joined

Marciac man is just really niceMarciac man is just really niceMarciac man is just really niceMarciac man is just really niceMarciac man is just really niceMarciac man is just really niceMarciac man is just really niceMarciac man is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sue
Hi Marciac man ... welcome to BE.

So put us out of our misery .... where are you moving to?

Sue
Hellooooooo, it's me again.

Thanks to all for the response.

Sorry to leave you all wondering...........
...I am a silly old so & so. Trouble is, I hadn't been drinking. That's worrying.(Not the silly bit, but the fact I hadn't had a wee snifter, lol)

Anyways, we are heading to the Huelva region, in Southern Spain. That is, after hopefully selling up, here in France.
We have to stay until late August because we do B&B for the Marciac Jazz Festival for the first 2 weeks of that month. We already have bookings, most of them from previous guests.

We are looking to rent in Spain for 12 months, before venturing into the 'deep end'. I am looking forward to all the new paperwork and bureaucratic stuff with the utmost glee.......NOT!! (Can it be more confusing and frustrating than France?) If yes, please don't answer!

Hi Jerseygirl....
I didn't realise that I'd hijacked a thread (is that a sewing term?). I must have clicked on the wrong thingy. I can't promise I won't do it again. I have tough time on the keyboard. A bit like a monkey, with no thumbs. lol.
Perhaps I should post via www.cutmesomeslackJgirl.com
Going to the U.S?............phew, now there's a thought. But no. I'd need a green card and stuff. Florida looks inviting, but would the in-laws ever want to leave after a visit?

Hi dmu...
We've been here seven years now. Every winter is cold, really cold. It seems I burn half a forest each year trying to stay warm.
I will check out the France forum. See if I can hijack a thread or two in there.
The girls will be OK, we think. They were both born here in France, so speak two languages already. So long as we can find a good school, they'll be OK.
They'll have beaches and water parks, etc. which we don't have here.(4hr round trip to the sea)
I've had to make a living in France ever since the pound went pear-shaped. Along with general building skills I seem to have mastered the French plumbing and electrics whilst renovating our house. I also have a UK pension to fall back on. Fingers crossed, we should keep our heads above water. www.watchthisspace.com
Thanks for the good luck wish.

Hi dread.....
Thanks to u2 for the gl wish.
There's a family near us who return to the UK every winter, because it's too cold here. The agents didn't tell us about that when we were house-hunting.
Cheers

Hi Sue
There! no more misery.
I shall have to keep you all informed as we progress.
With any luck I can hijack an early buyer when the house goes on the market in May.(more fingers crossed)

Cheers, all

Griff
Old Mar 14th 2011, 11:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hellooooooo, it's me again.

Thanks to all for the response.

Sorry to leave you all wondering...........
...I am a silly old so & so. Trouble is, I hadn't been drinking. That's worrying.(Not the silly bit, but the fact I hadn't had a wee snifter, lol)

Anyways, we are heading to the Huelva region, in Southern Spain. That is, after hopefully selling up, here in France.
We have to stay until late August because we do B&B for the Marciac Jazz Festival for the first 2 weeks of that month. We already have bookings, most of them from previous guests.

We are looking to rent in Spain for 12 months, before venturing into the 'deep end'. I am looking forward to all the new paperwork and bureaucratic stuff with the utmost glee.......NOT!! (Can it be more confusing and frustrating than France?) If yes, please don't answer!

Hi Jerseygirl....
I didn't realise that I'd hijacked a thread (is that a sewing term?). I must have clicked on the wrong thingy. I can't promise I won't do it again. I have tough time on the keyboard. A bit like a monkey, with no thumbs. lol.
Perhaps I should post via www.cutmesomeslackJgirl.com
Going to the U.S?............phew, now there's a thought. But no. I'd need a green card and stuff. Florida looks inviting, but would the in-laws ever want to leave after a visit?

Griff

Spain it is then. Here is the link to the Spain Forums. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are a friendly bunch of folk...so I'm sure you'll get plenty of help and advice from them. Why don't you pop over there, take a look around and join in?

Please take a look in the BE Wiki.

We have a team of concierges who will direct you around the website. You can find a list of their names at the bottom right hand side of this page...their names are in standard font.

Problems and complaints should be addressed to a moderator. The mods for the Spain forums are Fred James and Mitzyboy.

Please shout out if you need any further help...in the meantime take a look at www.Ivegotmybeadyeyeonyou.com.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 12:10 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

You will love our Spain forum, it's full of lots of great people. I'm sure you will enjoy interacting with everyone. I get the feeling you are going to fit in around here.

Sue