British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Welcome Inn (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/)
-   -   Homes from Hell Camposol Spain on ITV (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/homes-hell-camposol-spain-itv-727695/)

tezrogers Aug 6th 2011 10:08 pm

Homes from Hell Camposol Spain on ITV

Was thinking of buying a property on Camposol Urbanisation but not sure now after watching the recent programme on ITV.
Has anyone got any advice
thanks
Terry

Jerseygirl Aug 6th 2011 10:11 pm

Re: Homes from Hell Camposol Spain on ITV

Originally Posted by tezrogers (Post 9542088)
Was thinking of buying a property on Camposol Urbanisation but not sure now after watching the recent programme on ITV.
thanks
Terry

Hi Terry...welcome to BE.

I'm afraid I can't help you with your questions about property in Spain but the lovely people who frequent our Spain Forums may be able to advise you. They are a friendly bunch of folk...why don't you pop over there, take a look around and join in?

I recommend that you also take a look in the BE Wiki.

If you have problems finding your way around BE's many forums we have a team of concierges to guide you. The concierges for the Spain forums is The Oddities.

Problems and complaints should be addressed to a moderator. The mods for the Spain forums are Fred James and Mitzyboy.

Please shout out if you need further help.

Rosemary Aug 7th 2011 7:36 am

As Concierges for the Spanish section of BE we would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Rosemary and Graham

Teresa Hicks Aug 8th 2011 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by tezrogers (Post 9542088)
thanks
Terry

Dear Terry,
I have lived and worked on the Camposol Urbanisation for nearly 8 years. It is a fairly large urbanisation but in the middle of nowhere! It has 4 main sectors with excellent facilites. We have a supermarket, a post office even our very own state run medical centre. There are a lot of British residents but that is starting to change. Buyers in the Eurozone i.e. Spanish, Dutch and Belgian are starting to buy here. Please do not listen to idle gossip or people who have never been here. I am a country girl at heart and wanted a finca in the middle of nowhere and have completely changed my mind when I realised the problem with flies! I am a horse rider and ride my horse for hours on totally unspolit land behind Camposol. We are 15 minutes drive from The puerto De Mazarron which has 18kms of the most fabulous beaches and only 25km in the inland direction to the Sierra Espuña National Park.
There is something for everyone on Camposol. Yes there are a few houses that had problems but considering just how many there are it is probably less than 0.1% and I can name British house builders with a worse track record than that! Also we have mains electricity and water unlike some poor folk who bought on smaller urbanisations which have been abandonded by their builders.. I have an escritura for my house too and a referencia from the Castral. It is definately a good time to buy here!
Come and visit, spend some time here and decide for yourself.
Kind Regards
Teresa Hicks

Teresa Hicks Aug 8th 2011 5:19 pm

We have lived and worked on Camposol for nearly 8 years. The urbanisation is quite large but then we have some excellent facilities including a petrol station, a National Chain Supermarket and our very own State run medical centre. It is also 15 minutes away from 18km of unspoilt beaches in the Puerto De Mazarron, (where most of Madrid descend on in the summer) and only 25km from The National Park The Sierra Espuña which is simply stunning. There is no better location in my book.
The urbanisation is divided into four main areas known as “sectors”. Each one is very different. If you want lots of activity then sector B has the commercial centre on it. I live on C which is quiet and I can walk my dog and ride my horse in the mountains for hours without seeing a soul!
Please come and have a look for yourselves do not take just my word for it. Camposol is changing, there are more and more Spanish and Dutch buyers arriving presumably because they are in the Euro Zone.
It is true that there are issues with a few houses here but less than .1%. There are British builders with a worse track record than that. When we first chose our plot on Camposol we could have bought off plan on a number of other urbanisations. Thank goodness we did not. Most of them are unfinished as they were small and the builders ran out of money.
We have mains electricity and water, and I have my escritura. The villa was good value for money when we purchased it in 2001.
I wanted to buy a finca originally with land for my horse but that was before I realised that in the Campo the flies are unbearable!
It is not a souless place, far from it. Most people are very nice, you will always get those who slag off a place because they are trapped here and made a mistake, that is not the fault of the urbanisation.
The area is becoming more mature. Sensol have put a 4 star hotel on site, why would they? It also does look as though the Paramount Park is becoming a reality too.
Come and have a good look before you decide, pleeese!!

camposol Aug 8th 2011 6:03 pm

Hi Terry Teresa beat me to it I also have lived on Camposol for 7 years and agree with everything she has said come and see for yourself there are many types of villas for sale they don,t all have outside stairs to the main bedroom we have plenty of groups bookclub pentaca crib bowls come and talk to the people that live there and not the people that don,t