Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

"Home Sick" Kiwi Missing The UK...

"Home Sick" Kiwi Missing The UK...

Old Mar 5th 2017, 5:00 am
Just Joined

ab.kelly is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face "Home Sick" Kiwi Missing The UK...

Hi there!

I'm Andrew, and I'm 58 years old - and we lived in the UK for a total of 13 years - returning back to NZ in 2006 with two sons.

Well, the kids are (nearly) gone now, so it's just the wife and me! One son's in Canada, the other's leaving for the UK tomorrow. We all have joint NZ/UK Passports by the way! Lucky us, huh...

Anyway, with our 'baby' leaving us for the UK ... I've gone and gotten all 'homesick' for the UK. Miss the people, the history, the lifestyle, and yes - the ability to travel! 3.5 hours from NZ to the nearest country (Oz), verses the same travel time from the UK to any number of way different European countries ... let alone seeing the UK itself, yeah?

Great forum, by the way ... and thanks for listening to a 'Homesick Non-Pom'! Heh...

Auckland, NZ
Old Mar 5th 2017, 10:36 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Home Sick" Kiwi Missing The UK...

Hello, thanks for telling us a bit about yourself and welcome to BE!

Such a big 'life moment', the last of our kids flying the coop. Makes us think, doesn't it? Proximity to Europe is certainly one of the great things about living in the UK and was certainly one of the attractions for me (Oz to NW England). Are you planning on visiting the UK in the future?

A bit of housekeeping stuff we do for all new members - have a read of the BE site rules when you get a minute, and our moderators deal with all site related issues/problems.

Give me a hoi if you need a hand navigating around the site
Old Mar 6th 2017, 10:20 am
Just Joined

dawnefoster2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: "Home Sick" Kiwi Missing The UK...

Im a Pom living in NZ and I get it. BUT. Its not like it use to be back in good old Blighty. Huge changes are happening for not only the UK but Europe throughout and to be honest, id rather be here looking in than there feeling overwhelmed. But we are lucky to be able to have duel citizenship and that both countries allow that and as your ones heading back to the UK, you can always spend time over there and then hop over to Canada then back here, what a life you and your wife's secured for your selves. You could always sell up and move within NZ, such a beautiful free country