Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Holiday without any visa - from argentina to Uk

Holiday without any visa - from argentina to Uk

Old Mar 18th 2014, 1:41 am
Just Joined

colin 30 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Holiday without any visa - from argentina to Uk

My now wife had attempted to get a UK marriage visitor visa and was refused.

We booked the flight ready even though this was not advised and now we have over a 1000 quid flight going to waste. (the advise was hidden somewhere in my brain at the time)

After the bad news I decided to marry her in Argentina which was a success.

My wife now wants to come over on this flight to see me for a 3 week period so that the flight does not get wasted and of course to see me as well. She has done this twice so far and was permitted to stay even though the immigration said that this was not protocol and she should have a visa of some sort.

My question is, is it likely that she will be sent back even though the trip is so long to get there? and also would they give her a refusal stamp?, Or should we at least try it knowing there is a good chance of her being able to stay for a very short time. (3 weeks)
Old Mar 18th 2014, 1:56 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Holiday without any visa - from argentina to Uk

Originally Posted by colin 30
My now wife had attempted to get a UK marriage visitor visa and was refused.

We booked the flight ready even though this was not advised and now we have over a 1000 quid flight going to waste. (the advise was hidden somewhere in my brain at the time)

After the bad news I decided to marry her in Argentina which was a success.

My wife now wants to come over on this flight to see me for a 3 week period so that the flight does not get wasted and of course to see me as well. She has done this twice so far and was permitted to stay even though the immigration said that this was not protocol and she should have a visa of some sort.

My question is, is it likely that she will be sent back even though the trip is so long to get there? and also would they give her a refusal stamp?, Or should we at least try it knowing there is a good chance of her being able to stay for a very short time. (3 weeks)
Hi and welcome to BE

You might want to try asking your questions in the Moving Back to the UK section (you can find it from the forum index) but the length of flight has nothing to do with refusal. If a person is inadmissible they will be returned whether they arrived from an hour away - or a day away. If I was your wife, I would not travel without a visa but I know little about the rules for foreign visitors to the UK
Old Mar 18th 2014, 2:01 am
Just Joined

colin 30 is an unknown quantity at this point

ok posting it there. i dont know how to delete it from here though but anyways . thanks.
Old Mar 18th 2014, 2:15 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by colin 30
ok posting it there. i dont know how to delete it from here though but anyways . thanks.
No worries - it's fine here too

Good luck and congratulations on the marriage
Old Mar 19th 2014, 8:52 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

I think if they see she has done it a few times it might set alarm bells going especially as you have already been informed that she needs a visa. I personally wouldn't chance it unless there is a valid visa