Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hola! - A big hello to all from Almería, Spain

Hola! - A big hello to all from Almería, Spain

Old Oct 15th 2013, 10:17 pm
Just Joined

peteinalmeria is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Hola! - A big hello to all from Almería, Spain

A big hello to all! As my forum name indicates, my name is Pete and I live in Aguadulce, Almería, on the Costa del Sol in Spain.
I've lived here since 2007, when I came out to work as lead civil engineer on the construction of a natural gas receiving plant near the airport in Almería. That lasted 2 years and during that time I got to know quite a lot of what's happening and where things were in the area. I'm an avid motorcycle fan, so I really got to know the area in a special way.
Although (you would think) not as famous as Malaga, Almería has few surprises up it's sleeve. Not least the cowboy film studios - The Spaghetti Westerns were all filmed here....The Good the Bad and the Ugly etc. Some scenic filming of Conan the Barbarian, Indiana Jones, Lawrence of Arabia are among many. A new blockbuster 'Moses' is currently being filmed here. John Lennon lived here for a couple of years. It's believed that 'Strawberry Fields Forever' was inspired here as that's all there was here then. Now it's tomatoes and salad vegetables. We have the largest coverage of greenhouses in one zone, in the world! - Take a look on Google Earth!
Anyway - enough for now. Hope to 'virtually' meet up with some of you soon.

Pete
Old Oct 15th 2013, 10:28 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hola! - A big hello to all from Almería, Spain

Originally Posted by peteinalmeria
A big hello to all! As my forum name indicates, my name is Pete and I live in Aguadulce, Almería, on the Costa del Sol in Spain.
I've lived here since 2007, when I came out to work as lead civil engineer on the construction of a natural gas receiving plant near the airport in Almería. That lasted 2 years and during that time I got to know quite a lot of what's happening and where things were in the area. I'm an avid motorcycle fan, so I really got to know the area in a special way.
Although (you would think) not as famous as Malaga, Almería has few surprises up it's sleeve. Not least the cowboy film studios - The Spaghetti Westerns were all filmed here....The Good the Bad and the Ugly etc. Some scenic filming of Conan the Barbarian, Indiana Jones, Lawrence of Arabia are among many. A new blockbuster 'Moses' is currently being filmed here. John Lennon lived here for a couple of years. It's believed that 'Strawberry Fields Forever' was inspired here as that's all there was here then. Now it's tomatoes and salad vegetables. We have the largest coverage of greenhouses in one zone, in the world! - Take a look on Google Earth!
Anyway - enough for now. Hope to 'virtually' meet up with some of you soon.

Pete
Hi Pete and welcome to BE

I don't know if you've found it, be we have a spanish forum - http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=75

Feel free though to look around, and shout if there's anything we can do to help
Old Oct 16th 2013, 1:04 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Pete and welcome to the forum . As oldsparkles said, do check out the Spain section of this forum and join in with a few threads.
Old Oct 16th 2013, 6:27 am
Just Joined

peteinalmeria is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you to you (both). I'm sure I'll be posting topics quite soon. Although what's happening in the wider sphere is important, I'm more interested in my area of Spain, as I'm sure that the same with other members.
Pete