Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hiya! Another newbie, :) - emigrating to Calgary

Hiya! Another newbie, :) - emigrating to Calgary

Old Apr 8th 2010, 7:57 am
Just Joined

Location: Wrexham, Wales, UK soon to be Calgary, AB (hopefully)
catmadnyx is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Hiya! Another newbie, :) - emigrating to Calgary

Hi all!
My name is Niki and my Husband and I are just going through the motions of emigrating to Calgary, AB with our 2 young children. It's all very daunting . My OH (Ray) has got himself a job and has just couriered off the AIT Form he needs to complete before we can start applying for the Temporary workers visa so we're on pins at the moment hoping it all goes through ok.

Anyway looking forward to chatting with people in the same boat and would love to chat with people that have made the move.
Take care
Niki
Old Apr 8th 2010, 12:28 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hiya! Another newbie, :) - emigrating to Calgary

Hi Niki,

A big welcome to BE, I am so glad that you have decided to become part of our little community. We've got a great bunch in the Canada forum so I'm sure you will enjoy interacting with everyone. They are all so good at sharing and exchanging ideas and experiences about making the move abroad, so don't be shy, drive in there and say hi too.

We've also got a great wiki that members have contributed to, and it's jam packed full of some really useful info, so if you get chance check that out too.

Oh and please don't hesitate to ask myself or any of the mods if you have questions about using the site.

Best of luck with your application, and congrats to your hubby on the job offer.

Sue
Old Apr 8th 2010, 12:48 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hiya! Another newbie, :) - emigrating to Calgary

Originally Posted by catmadnyx
Hi all!
My name is Niki and my Husband and I are just going through the motions of emigrating to Calgary, AB with our 2 young children. It's all very daunting . My OH (Ray) has got himself a job and has just couriered off the AIT Form he needs to complete before we can start applying for the Temporary workers visa so we're on pins at the moment hoping it all goes through ok.

Anyway looking forward to chatting with people in the same boat and would love to chat with people that have made the move.
Take care
Niki
Hello Niki...welcome to the forum.

Do pop over to our Canada forums...there are lots of helpful people who post there who will be able to help you with most of your questions.

Good luck with the move.