Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hi - Yorkshire Lass in Florida

Hi - Yorkshire Lass in Florida

Old Apr 15th 2011, 6:01 pm

Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Hi - Yorkshire Lass in Florida

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
Hi Byecklass

Welcome to BE - I can see from your posts so far that you're gonna have lots of fun on the forum.
Oh for toad in the hole - one of the most fabbie foods on the English palate - along with roast dinners and proper cakes.
If I am ever in Florida I shall be knocking on your cyber door to scrounge dinner !!!

Have fun

Dread - x
Ahem! ... I believe I was ahead of you.

By heck, Byecklass, you want to start a cafe! We're already queueing up!
Old Apr 15th 2011, 7:38 pm
Just Joined

byecklass is just really nicebyecklass is just really nicebyecklass is just really nicebyecklass is just really nicebyecklass is just really nicebyecklass is just really nicebyecklass is just really nicebyecklass is just really nice
Default Re: Hi - Yorkshire Lass in Florida

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
Hi Byecklass

Welcome to BE - I can see from your posts so far that you're gonna have lots of fun on the forum.
Oh for toad in the hole - one of the most fabbie foods on the English palate - along with roast dinners and proper cakes.
If I am ever in Florida I shall be knocking on your cyber door to scrounge dinner !!!

Have fun

Dread - x
Hey Dread,
As long as you can do dishes
Old Apr 15th 2011, 7:39 pm
Just Joined

byecklass is just really nicebyecklass is just really nicebyecklass is just really nicebyecklass is just really nicebyecklass is just really nicebyecklass is just really nicebyecklass is just really nicebyecklass is just really nice

Originally Posted by christian

Y'know, I have thought about it many times - trouble is I think Iwould scare everyone off with my spotted dick
Old Apr 15th 2011, 8:09 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yeah - we'll just see who has the sharpest elbows !!!!!!!!

xx
Old Apr 16th 2011, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

flagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud of

Hi! We're also in the FL panhandle- been here 4 years now. I guess you know about the British Pedlar food store in Navarre? We popped in there last week for a few things And yeah, it is funny to see the Brit foods sandwiched between the Thai & Mexican in the "Ethnic" aisle at Publix!
Old Apr 18th 2011, 1:28 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by flagirl
Hi! We're also in the FL panhandle- been here 4 years now. I guess you know about the British Pedlar food store in Navarre? We popped in there last week for a few things And yeah, it is funny to see the Brit foods sandwiched between the Thai & Mexican in the "Ethnic" aisle at Publix!

Hi Flagirl,

Hadn't heard about the British Pedlar..........I am about 3 hours away from there but it would be a good day trip out. Do they have a good selection? We have a little antiques store here that sells English food - the usual; canned stuff and biscuits and, if I am really lucky, sausages, bacon and black pudding
Old Apr 28th 2011, 3:43 pm
Just Joined

Amyuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by byecklass
Hi everyone,
I am an ex-Yorkshire Lass living in Florida. Trying to educate all of my american friends about toad in the hole, scones and christmas cakes - its very difficult
Glad to be here, very glad I found you all
Hi Byecklass! I also hail from Yorkshire - Leeds, now living and loving life in Pensacola! Although I do miss Blighty!
Old Apr 28th 2011, 3:46 pm
Just Joined

Amyuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by flagirl
Hey Flagirl - I am going to head over to the British Pedlar this weekend! Thanks for the tip!
Old Apr 28th 2011, 6:10 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Amyuk
Hi Byecklass! I also hail from Yorkshire - Leeds, now living and loving life in Pensacola! Although I do miss Blighty!
Hi Amy,
Good to "meet" ya
Have fun atthe British Pedlar. If only I lived a little closer :curse:
Old Apr 28th 2011, 9:55 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

OK the talk of the Bero book reeled me in - I can picture it now

Hello, I'm from Yorkshire too - North Yorkshire born and bred, West Yorkshire for the second 20 years of my life. I was in York earlier in the month visiting my niece at York St John, hadn't been there for years - wish I'd had more time there. Brrrr it was cold

I'm in Oz - Singapore before that, and if we move again it will probably be the US.

Welcome to BE.
Old Apr 28th 2011, 10:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to behold

Welcome Byecklass,

You know how to interest a man quick enough ... just talk real English food!

I could burn water until I found myself on my todd, but I can actually do a Yorkshire Pudding now, that doesn't turn out like a pancake, and I'll fry a couple of sausages lightly first, for the fat, and throw the Yorkshire batter on them -for want of proper dripping- to make Toad in the Hole. (My Bubble and Squeak however, more 'fizzles and burns' ... ... any cookery tips gratefully received!)

And it goes without saying: I don't half wish you were 'my' neighbour! I'd find some excuse to come round more often than the postman if you're dishing up English fare!

With every good wish,
Christian
The Superstore sells pretty good frozen Yorkshire puddings (from Yorkshire by the way). Impress your friends, you cannot tell the difference.
Old Apr 28th 2011, 10:44 pm
Happy with my lot For now

anne55 is a name known to allanne55 is a name known to allanne55 is a name known to allanne55 is a name known to allanne55 is a name known to allanne55 is a name known to allanne55 is a name known to allanne55 is a name known to allanne55 is a name known to allanne55 is a name known to allanne55 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by johnh009
The Superstore sells pretty good frozen Yorkshire puddings (from Yorkshire by the way). Impress your friends, you cannot tell the difference.
Hi Johnh009 Caught your mention of "The Superstore" but not sure what that is? can you enlighten me. (Another bloody Yorkshire lass ) We are returning to FL this weekend after 3 years away, been around in the US for the last 20years except for a 18month stint back in the UK.
Old Apr 28th 2011, 10:47 pm

anne55 is a name known to allanne55 is a name known to allanne55 is a name known to allanne55 is a name known to allanne55 is a name known to allanne55 is a name known to allanne55 is a name known to allanne55 is a name known to allanne55 is a name known to allanne55 is a name known to allanne55 is a name known to all

Hey be careful christian. It might be your old girlfriends Mother
Old Apr 28th 2011, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by byecklass
Hi everyone,
I am an ex-Yorkshire Lass living in Florida. Trying to educate all of my american friends about toad in the hole, scones and christmas cakes - its very difficult
Glad to be here, very glad I found you all

Hi byeckass. Nice to have another Yorkshire lass on BE. I am returning to FL this weekend after a break in Va. We are on the east coast slightly south of cocoa beach. We need to organise a Expat meet up soon with the FL chapter.
Old Apr 29th 2011, 7:20 pm

Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnh009
Cheers for that! Had never seen them here, but then was never really looking. Told another (local) expat what you said, and she told me where I could find them in the next city over at a British foods shop

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.