Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hoping to move Down Under

Hoping to move Down Under

Old May 31st 2011, 9:36 am
Just Joined

Deb.Grant is just really niceDeb.Grant is just really niceDeb.Grant is just really niceDeb.Grant is just really niceDeb.Grant is just really niceDeb.Grant is just really niceDeb.Grant is just really niceDeb.Grant is just really nice
Wink Hoping to move Down Under

Originally Posted by amsha
Hi all ive stumbled on this site whilst investigating Aus I am hoping to be moving out to Australia although not sure when!!! we got job offer a year ago and still waiting for contract still havent had medicals or anything really. This has been dragging on forever it seems keep getting told will be December will be April then October told paperwork had been sent but still nothing i am getting worried as we are a family with a lot on and feel like we are living in limbo Hope i can lots of useful advice on here will be having a good look around
Hiya! I too am new to this! I've been trying to write something in the 'welcome' but cannot work out how to??!!!
My family and I hope to migrate to Aus. After seeing the prices Agents charge we thought we'd try and go through the process independently. Slight problem being we don't know where to start. We know we need a visa but that's pretty much it, very eary days for us.
Any ideas the process we need to follow and which forms, paprwork we need to complete and submit and who to submit to?

many thanks for reading and I look forward to being able to help with others quetions in the future when I'm a little more ofay with this

Deb
Old May 31st 2011, 1:18 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hoping to move Down Under

Hi there Deb...welcome to BE.

I've moved your post into a thread of it's own. Near the top of every forum's index page is a little blue box on the left hand side...it says 'New Thread'. If you click on it you will be able to open a new thread. You may find the FAQ page useful.

We have a great crowd of very helpful people who post in the Australia Immigration forum...they will guide you through the immigration process.

You've probably seen the links I provided in the other thread but here they are again...just in case you need them:

Here is the link to the Australia Forums...they will give you tips and advice on life Down Under. The link I have given you will take you to the main index page of the Australia Forum...at the top of the page you will see a list of sub forums. The top forum is the Immigration Forum...the Main forum is for topics relating to Australia and The Barbie is for general chit chat. Also take a look in the BE Wiki...you'll find loads of useful info in there.

Before you begin posting please take time to read through the Site Rules and any stickied threads or announcements that may be posted at the top of each forum's index page.

Kelli28 is the concierge for the Australia forums...so if you have any problems finding your way around our many forums please contact Kelli.

For all other concerns or problems please contact a moderator or admin. Every BE forum has at least one moderator dedicated to that forum...Australia has 4...Cresta57, Monneypenny20,, Sonlymewalter and Alfresco.

I hope you enjoy your time with us and don't forget to shout out should you require any help...and good luck with your quest to move to Oz.
Old Jun 1st 2011, 5:58 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jun 1st 2011, 11:56 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Kia ora Deb. Hopefully you are finding your way around this site now. It's full of useful info on emigrating. Before you know it, you will be an expert. All seems very daunting at first but just take it one step at a time.

Unless your case is complicated then you probably won't need an agent. Good luck with your plans & if you get stuck, just ask
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

Deb.Grant is just really niceDeb.Grant is just really niceDeb.Grant is just really niceDeb.Grant is just really niceDeb.Grant is just really niceDeb.Grant is just really niceDeb.Grant is just really niceDeb.Grant is just really nice

Thank you for your replies, they're very helpful. Yes guess we need to look around the site a bit more as the info is all here. We've been busy contacting companies in Aus and childcare establishments to look around in August when we are there on holiday for a month. Not received any replies as yet but I guess they have a million and 1 things to do in their day, our life is just Aus, Aus, Aus at the mooment.
Thank you again
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 3:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deb.Grant
Thank you for your replies, they're very helpful. Yes guess we need to look around the site a bit more as the info is all here. We've been busy contacting companies in Aus and childcare establishments to look around in August when we are there on holiday for a month. Not received any replies as yet but I guess they have a million and 1 things to do in their day, our life is just Aus, Aus, Aus at the mooment.
Thank you again
If you ask the people in Australia Forum...they may be able to help you.