Hi from Wales

Old Feb 4th 2011, 12:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

bob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hi from Wales

Afternoon all.

Rob here divorced, grown children and like to travel. I took an early retirement package last year (Arthritis) intending to sell up and move to Spain or Cyprus but have now decided to take advantage of cheap flights and just bugger off for a week or three when the fancy takes me.

Travelling on your own is nice, you go where you want, eat/drink what you want, get up when you want.

These days of silly cheap flights can't last forever (?) so I'm making the most of it while they are available; a recent flight to Gran Canaria was only £30 more than a train to London and Alicante was about the same as the train, its a crazy world.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 12:09 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi from Wales

Hi there and welcome to B.E. another crazy world, but fun.

It's my pleasant duty to welcome you to the forum and give you a point of contact should you need any help with the site in general. You can contact me here.

A list of all the moderators and helpers with their relevant countries including Europe can be found here.

Any problems, dont hesitate to PM me.

Alistair.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 12:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bob_bob
Afternoon all.

Rob here divorced, grown children and like to travel. I took an early retirement package last year (Arthritis) intending to sell up and move to Spain or Cyprus but have now decided to take advantage of cheap flights and just bugger off for a week or three when the fancy takes me.

Travelling on your own is nice, you go where you want, eat/drink what you want, get up when you want.

These days of silly cheap flights can't last forever (?) so I'm making the most of it while they are available; a recent flight to Gran Canaria was only £30 more than a train to London and Alicante was about the same as the train, its a crazy world.
Hi Rob...welcome to BE.

I know several people who take advantage of the cheap flights to Europe. My sister has paid as little as £12 for a flight to Spain.

I notice you've already posted in our Spain forum...here's the link to the General Europe forum. You will see there are several sub forums covering the most popular European countries.

We have a team of concierges who will help you find your way around the forums if you get a little lost. You can find a list of their names at the bottom right hand side of this page.

Complaints or problems should be addressed to a moderator...Mitzyboy is the mod for the Europe forums but if he's not around any mod or admin will be pleased to help you.

Please give me a shout if you need any help.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 12:27 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bob_bob
Afternoon all.

Hi bob_bob,

Welcome to BE. I hope you enjoy being part of our community.

Sounds like you have the best of both worlds. I have an aunt who wanted to move to Spain, but also did not want to miss seeing her grandchildren growing up, so like you she decided to instead take frequent trips to Spain and Southern Europe. She generally rents a villa for 2 -3 months a couple of times a year, and feels that way she can enjoy both countries.

Welcome again
Old Feb 4th 2011, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue
Hi bob_bob,

Welcome to BE. I hope you enjoy being part of our community.

Sounds like you have the best of both worlds. I have an aunt who wanted to move to Spain, but also did not want to miss seeing her grandchildren growing up, so like you she decided to instead take frequent trips to Spain and Southern Europe. She generally rents a villa for 2 -3 months a couple of times a year, and feels that way she can enjoy both countries.

Welcome again
I need to track down your aunt. I'm looking for same sort of renting periods as her in Spain, Portugal and maybe France. Owner's Direct have rentals by the week, usually, though with some trawling one can find some which offer the flexibility of longer lets. Do you know if she uses any particular websites in her searches?
Old Feb 4th 2011, 12:51 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pistolpete2
I need to track down your aunt. I'm looking for same sort of renting periods as her in Spain, Portugal and maybe France. Owner's Direct have rentals by the week, usually, though with some trawling one can find some which offer the flexibility of longer lets. Do you know if she uses any particular websites in her searches?
Why don't you ask the people in BE's Europe forums...some of our members do have rental properties in various Euro countries? There's a link to our Europe forums in my post above.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 1:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Why don't you ask the people in BE's Europe forums...some of our members do have rental properties in various Euro countries? There's a link to our Europe forums in my post above.
Thanks Jerseygirl, will do in due course.

Jumped on the Hi from Wales thread as it was mentioned there and current.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 1:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

bob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Thanks for the welcome folks

I will ask around; until early last year I was going to Budapest a lot, wonderful city and had thought of buying there. However, buying anywhere takes a lot of thinking about. I would have needed to sell my UK propertiy to buy and once done I'd never be on the UK property ladder again and who knows what circumstances could force one back to the mother country.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 2:18 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pistolpete2
I dont know, but I will ask her and let you know.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 2:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sue
I dont know, but I will ask her and let you know.
thanks!
Old Feb 5th 2011, 12:44 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE Bob_Bob

Don't blame you on grabbing those cheap flights to Europe. I'm very envious. Sounds like you are having a great time

Happy posting!
Old Feb 6th 2011, 10:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

You only get the cheap flights if you are totally flexible about dates. I've had silly deals like two nights in Faro and the return tickets were £21, add hotel costs and I had a nice weekend in the sun for £100, try doing that in London