British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Welcome Inn (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/)
-   -   hi-Tiler on the way to Oz (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/hi-tiler-way-oz-665969/)

terence 35 Apr 28th 2010 8:56 pm

hi-Tiler on the way to Oz

Hi ! new to this site so just saying hi !:thumbup: iam a wall and floor tiler from Newcastle nervously waiting to see if my trade is on the new list :fingerscrossed:

Jerseygirl Apr 28th 2010 10:06 pm

Re: hi

Hello Terence...it's nice to meet you. Welcome to BE.

You aren't moving to New Jersey are you? I could keep you busy tiling for a few months. :D

Where are you hoping to move to....Australia?

BEVS Apr 28th 2010 11:50 pm

Kia Ora and welcome to this BE forum.:)

Where are you thinking of emigrating to?

Sally Redux Apr 29th 2010 12:26 am

Why Aye Man.

terence 35 Apr 29th 2010 5:38 am

Thanks !! Iam Hopefully going to go to Melbourne ( subject to the new rules that are due out tomorrow ) Although i would eventually love to live in a place called manly . its around 30 Min's from Sydney!!! the visa i want lets me work anywhere in oz permanently ! but have a feeling there going to get rid of that particular visa and concentrate more on state sponsorship, meaning it would be a case of they would put me wherever they need tilers and i would have to stay there for a min of 2 years as part of the conditions !! still not complaining tho if its hot and there's a beach close buy IL be happy :thumbup:

Jerseygirl Apr 29th 2010 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by terence 35 (Post 8529515)
Thanks !! Iam Hopefully going to go to Melbourne ( subject to the new rules that are due out tomorrow ) Although i would eventually love to live in a place called manly . its around 30 Min's from Sydney!!! the visa i want lets me work anywhere in oz permanently ! but have a feeling there going to get rid of that particular visa and concentrate more on state sponsorship, meaning it would be a case of they would put me wherever they need tilers and i would have to stay there for a min of 2 years as part of the conditions !! still not complaining tho if its hot and there's a beach close buy IL be happy :thumbup:

Manly...nice. We took the ferry there from Sydney Harbour one lovely sunny day. :thumbup:

Why don't you take a look at our Australia forums Terence? If you click here it will take you to the main page of our our Australia forums. At the top of the page is a list of the Oz forums...you will see the first one is the Immigration Forum...please post any immigration questions you have in there. If you have any problems navigating the forums please contact a mod or admin...there is usually someone around 24/7.