British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Welcome Inn (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/)
-   -   Hi there from Oak Island, NC (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/hi-there-oak-island-nc-674220/)

Frosty Knickers Jun 27th 2010 4:58 pm

Hi there from Oak Island, NC

We have only been here for 5 months and would really enjoy meeting Expats in our area. Would like to meet up for a cuppa and a chat!! :thumbsup:

dreadsoc Jun 27th 2010 5:18 pm

Re: Hi there from Oak Island, NC

Hi Frosty

Welcome to BE.

We have a forum just for the Brits living in the USA, and I am sure there will be some friends to find who are in your vicinity. To find the USA forum, press on the bar above on the 'Forums' tab, scroll down and you will see the USA header. A double click will get you onto the forum, and then just put a little post on there to introduce yourself. I am sure you will get a great welcome.

The main thing is don't be afraid to join in and post, you will soon get the hang of it, then the fun really starts. Don't forget to have a read of some of the existing USA threads as well as they are really informative and give you an idea of how it all goes on the site. I certainly meet up with lots of expats members in Goa where I am usually found so I hope the same happens for you.
Any questions, just ask on here, and one of either the moderators or concierges will help you out.

Happy chatting

Dread - x

Jerseygirl Jun 27th 2010 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by Frosty Knickers (Post 8660973)
We have only been here for 5 months and would really enjoy meeting Expats in our area. Would like to meet up for a cuppa and a chat!! :thumbsup:

Welcome to BE.

We have quite a number of members from NC...so why don't you come and join us in the US Forums? The link I have given you will take you to the main index page of the US forums. At the top you will see a list of sub forums...take a look at the Meet-ups forum...and do come and join in the banter in the Trailer Park Forum.

If you require any assistance finding your way around BE's many forums please contact one of our concierges...they will be pleased to help you. You can find a list of their names at the bottom right hand side of this page.

If you have any problems or concerns please contact a mod or admin. The mods for the US forums are Bob and Miss Elui. Although you can contact any mod or admin...there is usually one of us around 24/7. There is at least one moderator assigned to each forum...their names can be found on the bottom right hand side of that forum's index page. Mods' names are written in bold font and concierge's names in standard font.

I look forward to seeing you in the US Forums. :thumbsup:

Sue Jun 27th 2010 7:02 pm

Hi, welcome to the BE.

I'm in NC, but nowhere near you I'm afraid, I'm in Charlotte. How are you enjoying living on the coast?

Sue

TestaRossa Jun 27th 2010 8:14 pm

Hi there Frosty Knickers!! Great name! Welcome to BE! Not around before as I was emptying the medicine cabinet after that, that.....I can't even say it...was on before...:frown:

Hope you find someone to have a cuppa with!:thumbsup:

Ka Ora! Jun 28th 2010 6:28 am

Welcome to the Forum.......

Originally Posted by TestaRossa (Post 8661327)
Hi there Frosty Knickers!! Great name! Welcome to BE! Not around before as I was emptying the medicine cabinet after that, that.....I can't even say it...was on before...:frown:

Hope you find someone to have a cuppa with!:thumbsup:

Morning...:lol:

Frosty Knickers Jun 28th 2010 11:14 am

Originally Posted by Sue (Post 8661209)
Hi, welcome to the BE.

I'm in NC, but nowhere near you I'm afraid, I'm in Charlotte. How are you enjoying living on the coast?

Sue

Hi Sue,
Great to hear from you. It is soooo beautiful and peaceful living here on the coast. I have found that all of the people are so warm and wanting to involve myself and my family in lots of activities including enjoying their home cooked food!
Cape Fear is a fabulous place to live or to visit. There are alot of movies filmed here especially around Southport.
Even better than that I have recently found out that Richard Gere has a house here. We are neighbours!!
I do have some customers that live in Charlotte. I have not visited them there yet but it is something im looking forward to doing in the near future
Speak soon
Sam

Dewb09 Jun 29th 2010 9:06 pm

HI & welcome to the forum. BC sounds really beautiful OMG Richard Gere as a neighbour :eek:
:fingerscrossed: you find others to have a meet up with or even your neighbour ;)

Dewb

Frosty Knickers Jun 29th 2010 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by Dewb09 (Post 8666382)
HI & welcome to the forum. BC sounds really beautiful OMG Richard Gere as a neighbour :eek:
:fingerscrossed: you find others to have a meet up with or even your neighbour ;)

Dewb

No, Ive not met super Richard Gere yet but he does have a beautiful home here. No i have not had the pleasure of meeting up with any other Brits yet but am looking forward to having a cuppa and some Hob Nobs very soon! lol