Reload this Page >

Hi From Scotland looking to move to states or Canada

Hi From Scotland looking to move to states or Canada

Old Feb 5th 2013, 10:24 am
Just Joined

JasonD71 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi From Scotland looking to move to states or Canada

Hi there everyone

I live in Scotland but planing a move to the USA or Canada, I won't be working there, just live as I work all over the places on the rigs.
My other half will want to work, Does anyone have any info on what's the best way of going about a move?? I had a landed immigrants visa which ran out in the year 2000 for Canada.
I'm planning to rent at first and then buy hopefully once I build up a credit rating over there.
And what's the best state to live in for tax reasons over there ???
Sorry for all the questions ..

Cheers Jason
Old Feb 5th 2013, 12:21 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi From Scotland looking to move to states or Canada

Originally Posted by JasonD71
Hi there everyone

I live in Scotland but planing a move to the USA or Canada, I won't be working there, just live as I work all over the places on the rigs.
My other half will want to work, Does anyone have any info on what's the best way of going about a move?? I had a landed immigrants visa which ran out in the year 2000 for Canada.
I'm planning to rent at first and then buy hopefully once I build up a credit rating over there.
And what's the best state to live in for tax reasons over there ???
Sorry for all the questions ..

Cheers Jason
Hi Jason and welcome to the forum.

Somehow I missed your post while I was answering a few others earlier.

I see that you have found your way about so I'll leave you with it but do shout if you need a hand.

Enjoy B.E.
Old Feb 5th 2013, 1:14 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi From Scotland looking to move to states or Canada

Hello Jason and a warm welcome to the forum. All the best with your plans