Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Kiwi out of water

Kiwi out of water

Old Nov 7th 2017, 8:37 pm
Just Joined

Sawilkes is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Kiwi out of water

Hi I'm a kiwi who has lived in the U.K. for 15 years with my British husband and raised our children in the Uk. We decided to come and live in NZ because our kids were growing up too fast in the uk and we wanted to make the move before our oldest got too old. I wanted to post today I warn all those people moving from one country to another to think about all if their ONLINE ACCOUNTS, mobile phones, amazon prime, email (most important ). I wish I had. All my accounts are link with my old mobile phone and an email that locked when I tried to access it from another site and the only way to unlock it? You guessed it, text my old uk phone that I don't have. So now my email is locked for a month and it's all interlinked. So please, my advice to anyone moving overseas is, update your contacts for your overseas accounts as soon as you have a new number or address but also, keep your old phone and sim in case your bank, mobile phone accounts etc want confirmation from your old number. Otherwise you'll end up in a big headache like me with all these accounts that have been frozen or inaccessible.
Old Nov 7th 2017, 11:32 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kiwi out of water

Thank you for the warning. A big welcome to BE.

Perhaps you might want to post this warning in the NZ forum or even in the Moving Back to the UK forum for people to see. This is the Welcome Inn and it is just for introducing yourself and 99% of the members will not see your post on here.

Sorry that you have had this experience and I can only imagine how frustrating it is for you.