Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hi, new member from the UK moving to Riyadh..

Hi, new member from the UK moving to Riyadh..

Old Sep 29th 2010, 7:51 pm
Just Joined

shantel_18 is just really niceshantel_18 is just really niceshantel_18 is just really niceshantel_18 is just really niceshantel_18 is just really niceshantel_18 is just really niceshantel_18 is just really niceshantel_18 is just really nice
Default Hi, new member from the UK moving to Riyadh..

Thought i would say hi to all, as i have been browsing on this site for a while now. Realised that theres a lot of information i could get from here.

I will be moving to Saudi Arabia soon to be with my husband. Im excited and scared at the same time

I know that its a strict country with religion ect, and that i will be living on a compound, just wondering if theres anymore information and guidance i should know?

Thanks in advance
Old Sep 29th 2010, 9:24 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi, new member from the UK moving to Riyadh..

Hi Shantel,

Welcome to our little community. We've got a lively bunch in our Middle East forum and I'm sure you will be able to pick their brains and get some tips about moving to SA.

If you ever have any site usability questions, suggestions or feedback please don't hesitate to post in our Site Feedback forum and we will be happy to help in anyway that we can.

Sue
Old Sep 29th 2010, 9:51 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shantel_18
Thought i would say hi to all, as i have been browsing on this site for a while now. Realised that theres a lot of information i could get from here.

I will be moving to Saudi Arabia soon to be with my husband. Im excited and scared at the same time

I know that its a strict country with religion ect, and that i will be living on a compound, just wondering if theres anymore information and guidance i should know?

Thanks in advance
Hi there and welcome aboard.

Sue's given you the link to our ME forums...the people who post in there are a lively bunch so pop over there and join in the fun.

If you find yourself a little lost navigating the many BE forums...we have a team of concierges who will direct you around the website. You can find a list of their names at the bottom right hand side of this page.

The moderators for the ME forums are Bob, NorthernLad and rowell...although any mod or admin will be pleased to help you.

Please give me a shout if I can be of any further help
Old Sep 30th 2010, 1:06 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Shantel

Welcome to BE from me too.
It is always a bit scary as well as exciting when making a move to a new country, but there are lots of nice folks on the Middle East forum who can answer any questions you have, as well as offer good tips and advice to help you settle in.
The main thing is don't be afraid just post a little intro on there and ask any questions you have and you will soon have lots of responses.

Good luck with your move.

Dread - x
Old Sep 30th 2010, 10:39 am
Just Joined

shantel_18 is just really niceshantel_18 is just really niceshantel_18 is just really niceshantel_18 is just really niceshantel_18 is just really niceshantel_18 is just really niceshantel_18 is just really niceshantel_18 is just really nice

Thanks for the info, i will take a look