Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hi - New member looking for a new adventure abroad.

Hi - New member looking for a new adventure abroad.

Old Jan 22nd 2011, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Atilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really nice
Default Hi - New member looking for a new adventure abroad.

Long time browser but just registered. Am recently retired (52) and live in Wales. Been working in the UAE for nearly 3 years and before that, 30+ in the UK.

Now contemplating a move overseas either for good or for the duration. Just not too sure where??? Have cut it down to a few options so will post specific thoughts on relevant forums. Couldn't see a 'General' emigration area so i suppose duplicate posts across the relevant forums may be best option, my thoughts at moment are either Malaysia, Phillipines, Italy, France, Spain - in that order. Also considering USA, Canada, Oz and NZ but visa options are limited on the retirement front so have largely discounted them.

Exciting times!!! Just want to avoid a disaster!!!

Last edited by Atilla; Jan 22nd 2011 at 12:07 pm.
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 12:09 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi

Originally Posted by Atilla
Long time browser but just registered. Am recently retired (52) and live in Wales. Been working in the UAE for nearly 3 years and before that, 30+ in the UK.

Now contemplating a move overseas either for good or for the duration. Just not too sure where??? Have cut it down to a few options so will post specific thoughts on relevant forums.
Hi there and welcome to BE.

Take a look down the list of country specific forums and make your choice.

I suggest you also take a look in the BE Wiki...it's full of useful information for expats or soon to be expats.

We have a team of concierges who will help you find your way around the forums if you get a little lost. You can find a list of their names at the bottom right hand side of this page.

If you have any problems or complaints please contact a moderator...you can find the moderator's name at the bottom right hand side of the forum's index page.

Please shout out if you need help with anything.
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 12:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Atilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really nice

Yep, I planned to post in the country specific ones, like I said

Will be duplicate posts across them as the same issues will be relevant to different countries, all of which will have their pros and cons.
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 1:11 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atilla

Now contemplating a move overseas either for good or for the duration. Just not too sure where??? Have cut it down to a few options so will post specific thoughts on relevant forums. Couldn't see a 'General' emigration area so i suppose duplicate posts across the relevant forums may be best option, my thoughts at moment are either Malaysia, Phillipines, Italy, France, Spain - in that order. Also considering USA, Canada, Oz and NZ but visa options are limited on the retirement front so have largely discounted them.

Exciting times!!! Just want to avoid a disaster!!!
Hi Atilla,

Well you've come to the right place, we've got members living all over the world, so I'm sure you will pick up lots of tips of where to move to.

Welcome to BE, so happy you have registered.