Reload this Page >

Hi looking to move to Languedoc region of France

Hi looking to move to Languedoc region of France

Old Sep 10th 2012, 12:17 pm
Just Joined

tracyfance is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi looking to move to Languedoc region of France

Hi everyone,

My partner and I wish to move to the Languedoc region of France in the next couple of years and so I would like to build up a client base in France/Spain ready for that.

Can anybody help me to work out the best way I can connect with the ex-pat community in France & Spain please? It is not as easy as it is here in the UK. I can work remotely and do visits so I'm flexible on how I can connect with people.

Also we want to get married in the Languedoc region next year and we need a venue for 80 guests so maybe a big chateau if anyone knows of one?

Thanks in advance for any hints and tips.

Tracy
Old Sep 10th 2012, 3:58 pm
Account Closed

Hepa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hi

Greetings and welcome from the sunny island of El Hierro.

I cannot help you with France, but I would post particularly, on the Spain and France forums.

Depending on your line of work, perhaps you should advertise in English language newspapers.

No good here though there are only five English on the entire island!!
Old Sep 10th 2012, 4:02 pm
Just Joined

tracyfance is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, thanks for your response.

When you say the English language papers do you mean the british tabloids or are you referring to local publications?

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Sep 11th 2012 at 10:53 am. Reason: Sorry but you canot use the forums to promote your biz. Please read the Site Rules particularly #9. Thanks
Old Sep 10th 2012, 4:10 pm
Account Closed

Hepa is an unknown quantity at this point

OOOOh that is different!!

I have just googled, English Language newspapers Costas Spain, and the search brings up umpteen newspapers for the Ex pat communities.

I remember these papers from years ago when my Father lived north of Benidorm, most are free, and a lot of Brits use them, because they do not speak Spanish,

Hope this helps,

Hepa
Old Sep 11th 2012, 12:50 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tracy,

Welcome to BE. Your first steps would be to post in our Spain and France forum. Members are great at sharing tips and experiences so I am sure you will pick up a few pointers.

Just a little note of caution, we don't allow members to use the forum to tout for business or to use the site to conduct market research/build client bases etc. So please be mindful of that.

The best thing to do would be to read through our Site Rules and then you will be familiar with what is, and is not allowed. Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about what you can do on the site.
Old Sep 11th 2012, 1:08 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi looking to move to Languedoc region of France

Originally Posted by tracyfance
Hi everyone,

My partner and I wish to move to the Languedoc region of France in the next couple of years and so I would like to build up a client base in France/Spain ready for that.

Can anybody help me to work out the best way I can connect with the ex-pat community in France & Spain please? It is not as easy as it is here in the UK. I can work remotely and do visits so I'm flexible on how I can connect with people.

Also we want to get married in the Languedoc region next year and we need a venue for 80 guests so maybe a big chateau if anyone knows of one?

Thanks in advance for any hints and tips.

Tracy
Hi, and welcome to the forum!
As suggested, post again on the France and/or Spain forum and you'll get more response. If you want both countries' custom, then the Roussillon (Perpignan...) would be better than the other Départements.
I live in the Languedoc and must warn you that the unemployment rate in this Region is one of the highest in France. Whatever your job is, you must be able to offer more than the locals.
As for your marriage here, one of you would have to be officially resident (several months, I've forgotten exactly) and the marriage itself could only be conducted at the Mairie of your residence. You could look for a château or the like in the area for the reception, but not for the ceremony.
If you post a couple more times, I'll send you a PM with hints about connecting with the local expat community.
Hope this helps! See you again on the France forum!
Meanwhile, give us more details about what services you'll be offering!
Old Sep 17th 2012, 3:32 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi looking to move to Languedoc region of France

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary