Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hi BE! From Iain :)

Hi BE! From Iain :)

Old Aug 15th 2011, 10:30 pm
Just Joined

IainMcG has a spectacular aura aboutIainMcG has a spectacular aura aboutIainMcG has a spectacular aura about
Talking Hi BE! From Iain :)

Hello all members,

My name is Iain, I just graduated from Northumbria University in England and I am keen for a fresh start abroad.

I am from Northern Ireland, specifically Enniskillen and I am currently working some part time jobs here to fund my future move abroad

My hobbies include sport such as badminton, football, rugby and many others! I have a passion for computer hardware, I studied Computer Forensics in Northumbria however my interests are more into the hardware side of thing, not so much programming etc

Anyway I will probably post in the Australia forum when I have a look around the site, I have been granted the working holiday visa to Aus and hope to get back to Brisbane (We went on a rugby tour there in 2007 - loved it)

Thanks for reading

Chat soon, Iain
Old Aug 15th 2011, 10:36 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi BE! From Iain :)

Hi Iain

Welcome to BE and congrats on your graduation.

I think you will definitely benefit from introducing yourself to the good folks on the Australia forum. I am sure they will offer you lots of good tips and advice to help you on your way. If you find any difficulties finding your way around, pop up here and let us know and we can try our best to assist you.

That just leaves me to wish you the cery best of luck for your adventure down under. I am sure it will be fabulous

Dread - x
Old Aug 15th 2011, 10:38 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hi there Iain and welcome to BE.
I'm not in Australia. I'm on the mainland .......New Zealand.

Happy Posting .
Old Aug 15th 2011, 10:45 pm
Just Joined

IainMcG has a spectacular aura aboutIainMcG has a spectacular aura aboutIainMcG has a spectacular aura about

Thank you both for the very warm welcome

I am in the process of creating a little thread in the Aus forum with some of my questions. I hope they don't mind it's length though, I do tend to baffle on for a bit.

@dreadsoc I'm sure it will be great! Thank you

@BEVS Very jealous, I have some mates heading there for the world cup!
Old Aug 15th 2011, 10:51 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IainMcG
Thank you both for the very warm welcome

I am in the process of creating a little thread in the Aus forum with some of my questions. I hope they don't mind it's length though, I do tend to baffle on for a bit.

@dreadsoc I'm sure it will be great! Thank you

@BEVS Very jealous, I have some mates heading there for the world cup!
Hi Iain

No problem starting a new thread so go for it.

Hey you're only a short distance away (ish ..) - you could always pop over for th world cup .......

Enjoy

Dread - x
Old Aug 15th 2011, 11:04 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Aug 15th 2011, 11:21 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Thank you Rosemary! I posted a thread there now, had a quick skim through the stickied threads, but its late here now so I got to get some shut eye for work tommorow! If I can think of anything else I will give you a shout
Old Aug 15th 2011, 11:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IainMcG
Hello all members,

My name is Iain, I just graduated from Northumbria University in England and I am keen for a fresh start abroad.

I am from Northern Ireland, specifically Enniskillen and I am currently working some part time jobs here to fund my future move abroad

My hobbies include sport such as badminton, football, rugby and many others! I have a passion for computer hardware, I studied Computer Forensics in Northumbria however my interests are more into the hardware side of thing, not so much programming etc

Anyway I will probably post in the Australia forum when I have a look around the site, I have been granted the working holiday visa to Aus and hope to get back to Brisbane (We went on a rugby tour there in 2007 - loved it)

Thanks for reading

Chat soon, Iain

Hey Iain...welcome to BE.

Congratulations on your graduation.

I see you have already found your way into the Australia posting...well done. I'll give you a few relevant links that may be of use to you.

If you have any questions about visas or the actual immigration process please post them in the Australia Immigration Forum. We have a great bunch of people who post in our Australia Forums...they will give you tips and advice on life Down Under. The link I have given you will take you to the main index page of the Australia Forum...at the top of the page you will see a list of sub forums. The top forum is the Immigration Forum...the Main forum is for topics relating to Australia and The Barbie is for general chit chat.

Also take a look in the BE Wiki...you'll find loads of useful info in there.

Before you begin posting please take time to read through the Site Rules and any stickied threads or announcements that may be posted at the top of each forum's index page.

Kelli28 and Alistair Boyle are the concierges for the Australia forums...so if you have any problems finding your way around our many forums please contact Kelli or Alistair.

For all other concerns or problems please contact a moderator or admin. The mods for the Australia forums are...Cresta57, Monneypenny20,, Sonlymewalter and Alfresco.

I hope you enjoy your time with us and please shout out should you require help with anything. Good luck.
Old Aug 16th 2011, 12:49 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Iain welcome to BE and congrats on your graduation
Old Aug 17th 2011, 1:00 pm
Just Joined

Thank you Kelli and Jerseygirl