Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hi Fellow Ladies in Riyadh! - A little bit about me...

Hi Fellow Ladies in Riyadh! - A little bit about me...

Old Aug 17th 2016, 10:46 am
Just Joined

mehekmirza is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi Fellow Ladies in Riyadh! - A little bit about me...

Hello ladies - (I am not looking to start friendships with Men - thank you!)

I have moved to Riyadh, KSA on 28th of June 2016 to join my Husband who has already been here for over a year.

I am starting to lose my sanity somewhat as I do not know anyone here nor am I familiar with anything to do around here, places to go and see, where to find certain things..and am hoping to meet some other ladies who are also in a similar situation/want to connect to hang out & experience Riyadh together!

I am a German and Special Needs (Autism) Teacher and am also actively seeking employment.

I speak Dutch, English, German and Urdu and I am a Dutch national with a Pakistani Mother and Dutch Father.

I have resided in;
Karachi , Pakistan
Dubai, UAE
Utrecht , Netherlands
Hamburg, Germany
London, UK
Paderborn , Germany
Windsor, UK
Toronto, Canada
And now am in Riyadh, KSA.

I went to Aston University - German & European Studies / Politics (Bsc Joint Honours)..

That's pretty much the basics, hope to hear from you gals soon!
Old Aug 20th 2016, 12:54 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi Fellow Ladies in Riyadh! - A little bit about me...

Hello and welcome to BE.

I sympathize with you...I found it hard moving to the US. I can't imagine how difficult it must be to move to the ME.

I see you have found our lively Middle East forums. At least you have fellow Brits to 'chat' to now. Unfortunately most live in Dubai but we do have a handful of folk living in KSA. Still...they will all try to help with any questions you may have and exchange stories.

Good luck.
Old Aug 20th 2016, 1:01 pm
Just Joined

mehekmirza is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you Jerseygirl , yes I am still eagerly awaiting some messages from ladies in KSA! Tick tock tick tock lol...I have had look at expatwoman as suggested by Irishbeekeeper in the welcome inn forum but it's for women in Dubai anyhow I shall keep the faith going and hopefully will get to know some ladies soon!
Old Aug 22nd 2016, 8:46 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary